5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird USB issue and general questions

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you explain or link me how to get into see this info? I can't really find a clear answer.
I have UConnect 8.4". With the UConect turned on; hold down on the lower left corner and lower right corner ICONS on the screen; it should go into Engineering Mode within 5 to 10 seconds (while holding the ICONS).

yates

Reaction score
I have UConnect 8.4". With the UConect turned on; hold down on the lower left corner and lower right corner ICONS on the screen; it should go into Engineering Mode within 5 to 10 seconds (while holding the ICONS).
When I tried this it just wanted to move, what I assume, is the first one my finger touched. I will have to try it again as I am doing something wrong.

Thank you!

Denny Crane

Reaction score
I tried just like the video, and no love. 2019 1500 Bighorn uconnect 8.4. I bought the truck n October.

Any other ideas on how to enter the engineering mode?

CarRamRod

Reaction score
I tried just like the video, and no love. 2019 1500 Bighorn uconnect 8.4. I bought the truck n October.

Any other ideas on how to enter the engineering mode?
This is also the results for me.

Are you trying with your engine on or off? I couldn't get it to work either, but following the steps in the video worked for me.

Denny Crane

Reaction score
I tried both engine off and engine running. Also tried in just Acc and in Run like the video showed. I made sure the door was open and dinging too!

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried both engine off and engine running. Also tried in just Acc and in Run like the video showed. I made sure the door was open and dinging too!
Engine off is how I do it. Door open or closed should make no difference. I have always accessed it with the ignition in run. It is possible that you are momentarily releasing your touch without knowing it? The first couple times I tried it; I just rested my fingers on the icons like I was touching the screen and it would not work. When I do it now; I put some pressure behind it; this ensures that the "signal" is getting through and also keeps my finger tips from losing contact. As you can see in my video; it has to be held for several seconds.

MoPowr84

Reaction score
I’ve tried several ways and just like before can’t get it into engineering mode. Tried two hands, one icon and then the other, hard press and hold, just touch the screen...

Rick8325

Reaction score
I don't think the 8.4 (uConnect 4C) nav works the same as the 8.4 (uConnect 4) non-nav to get into "dealer mode".

Rich

Reaction score
Anyone notice the 'Copy data to SD/USB' in the dealer menu?

Do we have an SD card somewhere (perhaps hidden) that can be used to store data, music or other things?

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone notice the 'Copy data to SD/USB' in the dealer menu?

Do we have an SD card somewhere (perhaps hidden) that can be used to store data, music or other things?

I haven't had a need to look in the dealer menu on my 8.4-4 ; but I'd assume this allows a tech to use a blank usb drive to copy diagnostics info from the vehicle

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Took mine in for the recall, Thursday.
I had them do the firmware update (first dealer said they don't update, automatic over the air).
After a day and a half, I got it back and the USB acts as expected.
Waiting to see if it will keep my speed dial presets.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread