5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird USB issue and general questions

yates

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have had my 2019 RAM Laramie level 1 package for a few weeks and pretty happy with it so far. I come from the GM world but did have a 2014 RAM 2500.

I listen to music primarily via a USB stick which works but sporadically when I turn it off and then restart it doesn't start where it left off but instead starts at the beginning and the shuffle is not selected. By start at the beginning I mean the random song it always reverts to (1462 out of 1652 IIRC). Any ideas why this is happening? I do not recall having this issue in my 14 but I sold it in 15 and can't remember how often I used USB.

Is the uconnect able to connect to my home wifi for updates and to download apps? I thought this was a thing with uconnect but not seeing any options to do so.

Should I have a free trial to some sort of Mopar/RAM app? On my GMs I always received trials of OnStar and I miss the phone app as my truck doesn't always remote start from my office.

It's there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the auto high beams? They do not seem to come as early in the afternoon as I would like at times, I drive a lot of two lane highways with little traffic. They also seem to be triggered but a lot street signs. One at the top of a hill on the way to my home and doesn't turn on until I am back up the hill, this area is deer country so bright would be helpful.

And the final question (for now), is there any way to turn off the cargo light from coming on when I open a door?

Sorry if some of these do not belong in the uconnect section but I am not sure what all it encompasses.

yates

Reaction score
Remembered my other questions.

When I receive a text it being it up on the screen but then have to discuss it for it to go off, my Silverado did this automatically. Any way to change this?

After hanging up on a call it stays on the phone call screen instead of switching back to what I was previously on. Any way to change this?

Repsol_Maker

Reaction score
To answer the app question. Look up the Sirius XM Guardian app. It has a locator, doors lock/unlock, engine start/stop, and horn/lights activation.

Your dealer should have sent you the activation link in an email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yates

Reaction score
To answer the app question. Look up the Sirius XM Guardian app. It has a locator, doors lock/unlock, engine start/stop, and horn/lights activation.

I bought my truck out of state and had it delivered so didn't get to go through it all with them but I contact the dealer and get a code. Thank you.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I have a Level 1 Laramie as well. From my research, the Level 1 Laramie does not have the Sirius XM Guardian or the Mopar App integration. I believe this requires the Level 2 Laramie package or a Longhorn/Limited.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have had my 2019 RAM Laramie level 1 package for a few weeks and pretty happy with it so far. I come from the GM world but did have a 2014 RAM 2500.

I listen to music primarily via a USB stick which works but sporadically when I turn it off and then restart it doesn't start where it left off but instead starts at the beginning and the shuffle is not selected. By start at the beginning I mean the random song it always reverts to (1462 out of 1652 IIRC). Any ideas why this is happening? I do not recall having this issue in my 14 but I sold it in 15 and can't remember how often I used USB.

Is the uconnect able to connect to my home wifi for updates and to download apps? I thought this was a thing with uconnect but not seeing any options to do so.

Should I have a free trial to some sort of Mopar/RAM app? On my GMs I always received trials of OnStar and I miss the phone app as my truck doesn't always remote start from my office.

It's there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the auto high beams? They do not seem to come as early in the afternoon as I would like at times, I drive a lot of two lane highways with little traffic. They also seem to be triggered but a lot street signs. One at the top of a hill on the way to my home and doesn't turn on until I am back up the hill, this area is deer country so bright would be helpful.

And the final question (for now), is there any way to turn off the cargo light from coming on when I open a door?

Sorry if some of these do not belong in the uconnect section but I am not sure what all it encompasses.

There is a software update available for UConnect 8.4" that will fix your USB problem....I had the same issue and the software update fixed mine.

yates

Reaction score
I have a Level 1 Laramie as well. From my research, the Level 1 Laramie does not have the Sirius XM Guardian or the Mopar App integration. I believe this requires the Level 2 Laramie package or a Longhorn/Limited.
Well poo. I likely wouldn't pay for the app anyways but I like a good trial period :)
There is a software update available for UConnect 8.4" that will fix your USB problem....I had the same issue and the software update fixed mine.
Is this something that needs completed at the dealership? I guess I need to look up how to look up the software version that I have and what is out there.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well poo. I likely wouldn't pay for the app anyways but I like a good trial period :)

Is this something that needs completed at the dealership? I guess I need to look up how to look up the software version that I have and what is out there.
Yes, the dealership will do this for you. You may be able to do it yourself by downloading the update from the UConnect site and putting it on a USB drive; but when I checked the site that update was not showing as available. My Dealer did have access and took care of it.

yates

Reaction score
Yes, the dealership will do this for you. You may be able to do it yourself by downloading the update from the UConnect site and putting it on a USB drive; but when I checked the site that update was not showing as available. My Dealer did have access and took care of it.
That is what just found via my VIN. I guess I will just try to remember to bring this up at my first oil change.

Repsol_Maker

Reaction score
Ahh, I have the Level 2 but on a Big Horn. Figured the Laramie had it at Level 1.

yates

Reaction score
Dang, I went too cheap this time...

I looked at a couple level 2 trucks but I thought it just added nav and more speakers which I wasn't too concerned about having.

CarRamRod

Reaction score

It's not part of the trim packages; it's part of the NAV system upgrade. Although NAV is part of the Level 2 package, so I can see where the confusion came from. I have Level 1 Laramie w/ 8.4" NAV and it came with a 1-year trial of Sirius XM Guardian Service.

yates

Reaction score
It's not part of the trim packages; it's part of the NAV system upgrade. I have Level 1 Laramie w/ 8.4" NAV and it came with a 1-year trial of Sirius XM Guardian Service.
Ah I could see this. I guess they need something to get more people to buy the nav units with integrated car play and Android Auto. I rarely used the nav in my last truck since it was a pain to enter address while moving, voice worked sometimes, and just easier to use my phone.

Thanks for info guys! Probably questions I should have asked prior to buying but nothing that is that big of a deal anyways. Hell, my wife's Denali has it and she doesn't know the login so we never use it.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram and Uconnect both deny having a software update to me. I have tried to get into engineering mode but I can’t get the two touch to work.
Any help who to contact?

When I had my truck at the Dealership for repairs on November 9th; one of my complaints was the USB music problem. At that time (and since) UConnect never showed an update available for my truck. However, my Dealership checked the version number in my truck and compared it to what was available for download (by the dealership). They saw a newer version available, downloaded it, and installed it...….it fixed my problem. Perhaps RAM and UConnect don't have all their records straight; my Dealer just did it "old school" and compared what I had to what was available.
I had to try the Engineering Mode a couple times. Just hold down on the two lower corner ICONs on the touch screen and it should come up.

yates

Reaction score
When I had my truck at the Dealership for repairs on November 9th; one of my complaints was the USB music problem. At that time (and since) UConnect never showed an update available for my truck. However, my Dealership checked the version number in my truck and compared it to what was available for download (by the dealership). They saw a newer version available, downloaded it, and installed it...….it fixed my problem. Perhaps RAM and UConnect don't have all their records straight; my Dealer just did it "old school" and compared what I had to what was available.
I had to try the Engineering Mode a couple times. Just hold down on the two lower corner ICONs on the touch screen and it should come up.
Any other noticable fixes or changes?

yates

Reaction score
Also possible to get the version number they updated you to? I got my truck the week after Thanksgiving so would have hoped it was all updated but wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also possible to get the version number they updated you to? I got my truck the week after Thanksgiving so would have hoped it was all updated but wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't.
My Dealer did not put the version number on the ticket. Here is what is on my truck now :

Engineering :
From the SDAR Information - HW Version # 1.0.1, FW/SW Version 11.38.0
From the Radio Part Information Screen - HW Release # CPU_J6ECO 4.0 (BOARD_PV), FW/SW Version 182808/00182800/00182800, EQ Version 2018-7-26
From the Flash Loader Screen - Version # 182001

yates

Reaction score
My Dealer did not put the version number on the ticket. Here is what is on my truck now :

Engineering :
From the SDAR Information - HW Version # 1.0.1, FW/SW Version 11.38.0
From the Radio Part Information Screen - HW Release # CPU_J6ECO 4.0 (BOARD_PV), FW/SW Version 182808/00182800/00182800, EQ Version 2018-7-26
From the Flash Loader Screen - Version # 182001
Can you explain or link me how to get into see this info? I can't really find a clear answer.

Users who are viewing this thread