5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird Tire Wear

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Both of my front tires have a weird wear pattern. Every other lug on the outside of the tire is grooved on the shoulder. The tire pressure is good at 58 L and 56 R (warm). Nothing is rubbing and I haven't run over anything. There are no weird noises and it's not pulling to one side or the other. I had the tires rotated and an alignment done about 3 months ago when the front tires (now on the back and fine) was wearing funny. Then, every other lug one in from the shoulder, was gatoring. I've no clue what's causing this. Any ideas?
Screenshot_20230208_055148_Gallery.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Both of my front tires have a weird wear pattern. Every other lug on the outside of the tire is grooved on the shoulder. The tire pressure is good at 58 L and 56 R (warm). Nothing is rubbing and I haven't run over anything. There are no weird noises and it's not pulling to one side or the other. I had the tires rotated and an alignment done about 3 months ago when the front tires (now on the back and fine) was wearing funny. Then, every other lug one in from the shoulder, was gatoring. I've no clue what's causing this. Any ideas?
View attachment 151083
You sure that's not just the tread design of the tires?

Geddyflea

Reaction score
You sure that's not just the tread design of the tires?
I am. The back tires have square shoulders with no grooves. The tires are stock Wrangler Dura Tracs that come on the Rebel.

Users who are viewing this thread