5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

weird thing happened

q8ram

Reaction score
I have a laramie sport mid east edition just 1400 miles , yesterday when i was in my car parking and waiting for my friend to arrive my gear was in P after 10 min the hazard lights flashed and i could not stop it by pressing the hazard button on the dash but it stopped when i put the gear on drive , any one had this issue or is it a safety thing !!!

Ickabod

Reaction score
I have a laramie sport mid east edition just 1400 miles , yesterday when i was in my car parking and waiting for my friend to arrive my gear was in P after 10 min the hazard lights flashed and i could not stop it by pressing the hazard button on the dash but it stopped when i put the gear on drive , any one had this issue or is it a safety thing !!!
Yes, I have had this happen 3 times in 17 months of ownership. I think it has to do with the tire pressure monitor, as this is the screen that displays when the horn honks and the hazards flash. Not 100% on this though.

hopVIP

Reaction score
I've seen this happen also but it had something to do with the vehicle thinking something was wrong from being idle so long. Such as a roll over and power still on but nothing moving type of thing. It always stopped after a few minutes by its self in my experiences. But from what I could tell the flashers would come on and stay on after sitting still like that for a while thinking something happened. No idiot lights come on no codes are going off it's just the computer freaking out. Again just from what I've seen when it's happened to me.

q8ram

Reaction score
Yes, I have had this happen 3 times in 17 months of ownership. I think it has to do with the tire pressure monitor, as this is the screen that displays when the horn honks and the hazards flash. Not 100% on this though.
yes , the tire pressure monitor displays but all pressures are ok , i dont know what to say but this pickup have i mind of its own :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ramster

Reaction score
Be willing to bet it shuts itself off if you just let it do it's thing.

Sullyman

Reaction score
Had my 2019 Ram Rebel do this today. Started truck and green hazards lights on dash immediately started flashing. Pushed hazards activation button on dash thinking I had inadvertently hit the button. It did nothing, as the flashing green hazard lights on dash stayed on and would not turn off. Tire pressure screen displayed on dash. Tires pressures were both 58 front and both 49 rear. Flashing green hazards lights eventually went off. Don’t recall if I put gear selector in D first before they went off. Is this a built in factory warning to alert driver to incorrect tire pressures? I checked the Ram User Guide that came with my truck under both Tire Pressures Monitoring System (TPMS) and Hazards operation. The above described circumstance is not listed under either section as something that would occur as a warning.

Barney556180

Reaction score
Tire pressure screen displayed on dash. Tires pressures were both 58 front and both 49 rear.

Those pressures seem a bit high. My 2019 Laramie specs 36 psi cold.
cdcf02ef1eeb72fdf424537af26328fe.jpg

There is a maximum cold pressure indicated on the sidewalls that you should not go over.

Sullyman

Reaction score
Thanks for the response Barney556180. Unfortunately our trucks are different models with different tires with different cold PSI requirements. Cold tire pressure requirements for a Rebel is 55 psi front and 45 psi rear. A 3 psi difference on my front tires and 4 psi difference on my rear tires. I would not suspect that would not be enough to garner a tire pressure warning however I will adjust pressure. That is how the tire pressures came on the truck when purchased new from the Ram dealer. Truck now has 1,300 miles, have had it over just a month now. Wonder why it would take that long to flash a warning if tire pressure is incorrect (if that is what it is). So far truck has had a bad fuel injector (occurred at 1,100 miles) replaced by Ram service. Truck makes a consistent droning/humming noise I believe is associated with ANC TSB 09-056-19, that I made Ram service department aware of when the replaced faulty fuel injector. They forgot to address that issue so I have to reschedule a repair with them for that. Additionally the other day I noticed the truck had 4 wheel drive engaged when I started it up without ever having pushed the 4 wheel drive button. I hit the button and it disengaged. Truck also the other day while backing up slowly with with nothing behind me activated rear warning sensor and applied brakes and flashed “brakes” on dash. Caught me by surprise. I researched the forum and found TSB 08-047-19 related to above described backing/warning/applying brakes situation. Don’t get me wrong, I would rather have truck apply the brakes and keep me from hitting something however my new 2019 Ram Rebel seems to be afflicted with some electrical gremlins. I hope not. I hope there is an explanation (none that I could find in the owner’s manual) or repair for all the above described instances. And unfortunately unless a fault code has been captured when the above described instances occurred or the fault occurs when being checked out by a Ram service department they will most likely go unserviced. Not helping me build confidence in my new Ram pickup truck. Love the looks and interior of this truck so I hope these issues get identified and correct. Given all of the above I can honestly say it has crossed my mind as to whether someday down the road I will end up getting rid of the truck if these electrical gremlins cannot be identified, fixed or explained as something as normal operation for the truck.

Barney556180

Reaction score
What tires are you running on your Rebel? I’ve only seen pressures that high on heavy duty vehicles.

Sullyman

Reaction score
They are the factory installed Goodyear Wrangler M&S Duratrac(s) which have a cold 80 psi rating listed on the sidewall of the tires. As outlined in my previous post above the factory listed psi for the Ram Rebel (on the factory label affixed to the B-pillar of the driver’s door) is 55 psi for front and 45 psi for rear.

hopVIP

Reaction score
My truck has Duratracs too and I keep all four of them at 64 psi cold. They are 295/65R18s. E rated heavy duty. Maybe 75R...I have to double check. Max pressure is 80 but goodyear recommends a 10 to 15% deflation from max. Which puts them right at 64 to 69 psi cold. Mine raise 4 to 5 psi while heated up.

Topher

Reaction score
Made a post about this last week lol, it happened to me wheni was taking a nap on my lunch break. I left the truck on and the flashers started flashing. We're you in the driver's or passenger seat? The two times it happened to me I was sleeping in the passenger seat. Wonder If it thinks no one is in the truck and some sort of shutdown that starts with the flashers. Idk but I was wondering the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread