5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird one - GPS-set time is wrong?

Briencrotty

Reaction score
Ok, I'm having a very weird issue. Installed dash cam (just wired to ignition power) and pedal commander today.

This afternoon, I was driving along and noticed the time was wrong, which is strange since it's set by using the GPS. I parked, went into the menu, and verified that it was set to pull the time from the GPS system. I set it to manual, set the time, turned off the truck and went into the store. When I came out, I set it back to pulling the time from GPS, and it went back to the wrong time (about an hour and a half earlier than it really is). The location it shows me at on the map is correct.

Anyone have this glitch yet?

Thanks,

B

Johnvan

Reaction score
I've had the same problem. Don't know a fix other than manually setting the time.

Briencrotty

Reaction score
I've had the same problem. Don't know a fix other than manually setting the time.
Damn. I'm going to try disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes or so tomorrow. That's a weird one to have.

When it happened to you, had you just installed something?

Thanks,

B

Johnvan

Reaction score
Nothing installed. It just happened randomly.

Briencrotty

Reaction score
Nothing installed. It just happened randomly.
Very strange! Mine must have been random, too. When it happened yesterday, it was about an hour and 27 minutes off, so I manually set the time to the correct time. Started the truck this morning, and the time was an hour and 27 minutes off in the other direction. Switched it back to being set by GPS and it's fine. Very odd. Gotta love when they release software with so many bugs!

B

tokizy

Reaction score
I have the same thing happening. I bought my 2019 Ram and then the next day went to Panama City for a trip. Now the GPS clock always starts in CST and if I connect my phone (Car Play) and Waze, it lists my address as the house we rented at the beach.

I have read to disconnect the battery for 15 minutes.
I have also read that people said there are loose wires in the GPS antenna (shark fin on top).
I am going to try to disconnect the battery and try that first. Will advise in the future if that does not fix it.
-I travel a lot for work so I am in and out of time zones around the southeast US.

Users who are viewing this thread