5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird Mirror Signal issue...

truckless

Reaction score
Any thoughts on this one....

Mirror signals only work in Run position.....and NOT when engine is actually running. I parked in front of a store to watch the reflection....and when I first start the signal (either one) will work for a couple blinks. Then goes out and neither works. Shutdown, start up and I can repeat this process.

But again, they work flawless when sitting in run with the engine off.....which obviously does me no good lol

As per my signature I am running the Recon Scanner Smoked Mirror Signals

truckless

Reaction score
Think I figured this out. I swapped the drivers side OEM light back in. With ignition in RUN both lights work flawlessly. With engine RUNNING the OEM light will work flawlessly. The mirror with the Recon, no go.

This is from the Ram Heavy Duty Exterior Lighting Modifications 2019+ guide....but everything jives with what is said HERE and I can't see there being any major difference in how things are designed in this regard between the 1500s and HDs....just it's actually documented considering the nature of HD up-fitting:

1655247564131.png

Now to deal with Recon. /eyeroll

Users who are viewing this thread