5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird Lift Combination Questions

JustinCarpet

Reaction score
Okay so, bear with me here I had quite the fiasco getting my lift kit installed.

Awhile ago, I bought a readylift 3.5" SST kit to put onto my 19 Bighorn. During the process, I ended up breaking the center stud off my stock strut, so I wasn't able to install the SST kit correctly. And my local dealer wanted to charge me like 350 dollars for a new strut assembly. (truck is my daily, so I didn't want to wait two weeks for replacement parts to be shipped in during the middle of covid) Instead I just overnighted a set of Rough Country 3.5" lifted N3 struts and installed those on the front with the readylift UCA's, and I put the 2" readylift spacer kit on the rear. Now the truck sits level, 3.5" lift on the front, 2" on the back on 295/70R18's and have had it this way for about a year now. It actually rides very nice and I'm mostly happy with it. But the back rides a bit too stiff for my liking because of the leveling pucks so I would like to put some bilsteins on the rear. Do I need to leave the lift pucks in place and just replace the shock? Or do I need to remove the 2" lift pucks first. I'm thinking of putting 5160's on the rear, I read they work on applications 2" longer than stock which would put it right where my truck sits now. Does anyone have a better way of going about this or reasons to not proceed?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can remove the shocks without touching the springs if the shocks are sized properly.

Users who are viewing this thread