5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird discovery about Steering & AC blower motor cutting off

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I find when my AC is on if I turn my steering wheel back and forth about 5-8 times the AC blower motor cuts off for about a minute. Seems very strange to me. Anyone else have this issue?

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see you have a 19 - did you ever have the power steering / ground wiring TSB / Recall done? This is wierd but interesting!

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have never needed to turn my steering wheel back and forth 5-8 times, so...no. Were you doing this?
It started totally by accident when I was driving across a field dodging holes and such. At first I didn't think much of it on the way in but once my work was done I did the same on the way out and the same thing happened. All recalls and applicable TSBs have been performed on this truck. Since the steering is electrical I think it has something to do with that, but I have no idea why its related to the blower motor.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought that maybe some others had experienced this issue so since I don't see anyone else had this issue I guess I can conclude that its not a common problem and isolated to my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread