5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird Dashboard Warning Lights

Tagaru

Reaction score
Seeing a weird phenomenon in my truck. Whenever I turn on the wiper the "Electronic Park Brake Warning Light" comes on. The electronic park brake seems to be working though.
Also, seeing a message to "Service Rain Sensing Wipers". And the wipers are not sensing any rain/water on the windshield even when there is a downpour. I was on the road and in a different state when this first occurred. Took it to a Ram dealership and they said the Body Control Module (BCM) was faulty and replaced it. I am back in my home state now and saw the same issue and took it to the dealership from where I purchased the truck. They want to replace the BCM again!
Anyone else experienced similar problems ??

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I haven’t experienced that at all . Seems weird that you’d have 2 BCM’s malfunction .

Tagaru

Reaction score
hope Ram Cares looks at this post too... really frustrating :(

Tagaru

Reaction score
and interestingly the "Electronic Park Bark Warning" light seems to come on when I turn on the wiper. And goes away after a finite time of driving. But the rain-sensing part of the wiper won't work at all...

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No help from here but the more I read about these clitches, starting to sound like Someonesoft wrote the code for our trucks?
Say it ain`t so... :eek:

jkschnoo

Reaction score
Did you ever resolve this? I just had this happen yesterday. Turned on wipers and got the “service rain sensing wipers” along with the electronic park break warning light at the same time. Turned off truck and it went away. Would like to know how yours ended up.

electricyeti1

Reaction score
So I am having the same issue. 21 Rebel. I do not have rain sensing wipers turned on but when I turn on the intermittent wipers on only a few of the settings work and most of those go directly to high or low wiper. After a few minute's the circled P light comes on. I do not get the service parking brake message on the EVIC. It did it the first time about 5 months ago after I drove through a huge puddle on the interstate at speed during a downpour. The parking brake light came on immediately. I rotated my tires the next day and wiggled/pushed on the parking brake sensors and it went away until about a week ago and now its doing it constantly. It's a weird connection between the two. Doesn.t make any sense. Stopping by the dealership on my way to work today as I will hit 36K this week.

PatriotLonghorn

Reaction score
I also got the 'service rain sensing wipers', and they only worked on 'regular' by disabling them in Uconnect, today. Has anyone else had this issue in the snow? Also, what was the fix, other than BCM replacement?

Users who are viewing this thread