5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week One Issues

PriceNBTX

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I got my 2019 RAM 1500 Sport Laramie LVL 2 on October 2nd.
When purchasing there was a couple small scratches and dents in the drivers front fender. (Photo attached). They want to fix it. Since it’s all black I’m skeptical about it looking bad or them using filler. Do you think if I don’t like the way it looks they will replace it? Or at least do I have a chance to say give me a new fender?

Also, my volume last night got stuck in “10” yet it wasn’t playing music on any sources. I looked it up and some people have had these issues. It luckily after an hour I got back in the truck and it was fine.

Lastly, the first second of rolling some of my windows down they chirp. Been like that since the second I bought it. They will be looking at that too.

Attachments

• 8E3B197F-FA54-43C0-A5D8-3C6783F3DA5D.jpeg
    8E3B197F-FA54-43C0-A5D8-3C6783F3DA5D.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 98

JoeEcodiesel

Reaction score
Pdr the fender. If the scratches can't buff out, a tiny bit of touch up would do the trick. I wouldn't paint the fender or replace it over that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

PriceNBTX

Reaction score
Pdr the fender. If the scratches can't buff out, a tiny bit of touch up would do the trick. I wouldn't paint the fender or replace it over that.

I just hate knowing that if it doesn’t look perfect I’m going to know it. Especially considering this wasn’t done by me. It was done on their lot before I bought it. Thanks!

JoeEcodiesel

Reaction score
I feel you on that. Similar thing happened to my friend when he was buying a new Subaru. He refused to take the car and made the dealership get him another one.

borden72

Reaction score
Paintless dent removal should take those dents out. I've used it a couple of times and you can't tell afterwards. They should be able to fix scratches if they aren't too deep. The dealer had to fix some scratches on mine as well. It looks good now.

Gmoosevt

Reaction score
If the fender doesn’t look perfect after they fix it, take some money from them. After your 1st few trips to Piggly Wiggly you’ll have enough scratches to worry about anyway. Yesterday a brilliant Boy Scout leaned over my new Ram rear quarter panel... jumping up and down to try to reach his gear in the bed - wearing a jacket with a metal zipper. You can imagine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They should be able to remove the fender and fix the dents from the back side. If they cant buff out the scratches they can spray the clear coat over it and that should fix it as long as the scratch is not down to the base coat and damages the base color.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I got my 2019 RAM 1500 Sport Laramie LVL 2 on October 2nd.
When purchasing there was a couple small scratches and dents in the drivers front fender. (Photo attached). They want to fix it. Since it’s all black I’m skeptical about it looking bad or them using filler. Do you think if I don’t like the way it looks they will replace it? Or at least do I have a chance to say give me a new fender?

Also, my volume last night got stuck in “10” yet it wasn’t playing music on any sources. I looked it up and some people have had these issues. It luckily after an hour I got back in the truck and it was fine.

Lastly, the first second of rolling some of my windows down they chirp. Been like that since the second I bought it. They will be looking at that too.

Hi PriceNBTX,

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing with your truck! If you are in need of any additional assistance as you work with your dealer regarding these concerns, our team would be more than happy to help. We are just a private message away.

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread