5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WeatherTech vs Husky Mudflaps

DanD

Reaction score
Has anyone had WeatherTech mud flaps then switch to Husky?
Currently have WeatherTech mud flaps but notice they still let spray and a lot of slush on my running boards. Factory tires, no fender flares, factory running boards. I just don’t think the WeatherTech’s are wide enough. Anyone have the same issue?

M1STTRS

Reaction score
Someone posted in another thread about the Mopar ones capturing a lot of water and dirt within themselves and had to drill slots for them to drain properly, I would suggest the WeatherTech after my own research and thats what ill be buying soon.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i went from Husky to weatherTech. husky had just released their guard for the DT model and it did not fit worth a flip. they may have re-engineered the product, the weathertech is a perfect fit for my use.
i dont know how much water or the size of standing water puddle you are running in but no guard is going to keep 100% of the road debri off of the vehicle. post a picture of your areas of concern to shed some insight

69385vette

Reaction score
i went from Husky to weatherTech. husky had just released their guard for the DT model and it did not fit worth a flip. they may have re-engineered the product, the weathertech is a perfect fit for my use.
i dont know how much water or the size of standing water puddle you are running in but no guard is going to keep 100% of the road debri off of the vehicle. post a picture of your areas of concern to shed some insight
I put the WeatherTech on my RAM. They fit perfectly.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Currently have WeatherTech mud flaps but notice they still let spray and a lot of slush on my running boards. Factory tires, no fender flares, factory running boards. I just don’t think the WeatherTech’s are wide enough. Anyone have the same issue?
WeatherTechs fit great on mine (with flares), but they only provide marginal protection. Huskys look almost identical in size, but maybe someone who’s had both can confirm. Gatorbacks are longer, but I’m not sure whether they’re wider (and I’m not into that look).

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
After buying both sets of front mud flaps, one from Weathertech, the other from Husky, I decided to go with Husky. The WT have a slightly better and smoother finish than the Husky's but the Husky for me had a few more traits I preferred at least for my truck....

- It's 1" longer, which I prefer to help stop more pebbles. Been on my truck for about 7 months, so far seems to really protect and keep the area in front of the OEM steps clean.
- I like the smoother rounder bottom shape, also matches better to my Rebel's dark grey fender flares.
- Less of the mud flap is touching the fender flare, less likely to scratch it up over time. It does come with clear film protective film (as does the WTs) in case you have body colored flares. But the Husky's have a slight gap and don't really make contact with the factory flares. Of course if you have no flares, this isn't an issue.

I have pictures on post #50, prior to my running board install: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/to-mud-flap-or-not.11424/page-3#post-165086

Front guard.jpg

Last edited:

DanD

Reaction score
After buying both sets of front mud flaps, one from Weathertech, the other from Husky, I decided to go with Husky. The WT have a slightly better and smoother finish than the Husky's but the Husky for me had a few more traits I preferred at least for my truck....

- It's 1" longer, which I prefer to help stop more pebbles. Been on my truck for about 7 months, so far seems to really protect and keep the area in front of the OEM steps clean.
- I like the smoother rounder bottom shape, also matches better to my Rebel's dark grey fender flares.
- Less of the mud flap is touching the fender flare, less likely to scratch it up over time. It does come with clear film protective film (as does the WTs) in case you have body colored flares. But the Husky's have a slight gap and don't really make contact with the factory flares. Of course if you have no flares, this isn't an issue.

I have pictures on post #50, prior to my running board install: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/to-mud-flap-or-not.11424/page-3#post-165086

View attachment 46007
Thank you! We just had a snow storm here and my running boards had at an inch or 2 of slush all the way down them.

Scram1500

Reaction score
Weather tech after installing rear wheel liners, I've read about fitment issues with the Husky and the liners

Jako

Reaction score
Additional info on mud flaps.

RJS

Reaction score
Weather tech after installing rear wheel liners, I've read about fitment issues with the Husky and the liners
Not on my 19 Laramie. The Husky flaps fit the fender flares perfectly and there is no interference with the OEM wheel liners I also installed.

Installed
IMG_20191102_164550.jpg

Scram1500

Reaction score
Not on my 19 Laramie. The Husky flaps fit the fender flares perfectly and there is no interference with the OEM wheel liners I also installed.
I don't have fender flares, apparently the Huskys designed for non fender flare trucks have a tab that interferes with the liner

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don’t switch to the mopar ones as suggested. The WT and husky are both much better. I don’t have any issue of spray on my running boards and I have the husky liners.

BrettZ

Reaction score
I was told by my dealer that the weathertech would not work with factory running boards? Sounds like you have them on yours?

The_Dude

Reaction score
I have the husky ones with the factory running boards. They fit well with fender flares and wheel well liners.

Bubba33

Reaction score
I went with the mopar , they have that opening in the top. Soon as weather gets better, im going to fill that hole with spray foam and paint it black.

RJS

Reaction score
I went with the mopar , they have that opening in the top. Soon as weather gets better, im going to fill that hole with spray foam and paint it black.
Be sure to get a couple of pieces of 3M protective film to apply under the flaps. After having a set of the Mopar flaps on for a month or so, there was wear under them. I buffed it out but if you plan to keep the truck a while get the film.

Users who are viewing this thread