5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weathertech Rain Guards/ Vent visors

BB22

Reaction score
I bought a set of AVS Vent visors for my 2022 Rebel Crew Cab. They fit like crap so I returned them and bought a set of Weathertech Rain Guards. Much better quality but there was a dip in the plastic on the front guards about 4 inches up from the sill. Looked to me like a defect. I checked with Weathertech and they said the dip was there to allow clearance when the side mirrors are folded. When I fold my mirrors, there is plenty of clearance, no need for the dip. I realize that there are quite a few different mirrors available for the various Ram models but to me the dip in the reflectors looks like the plastic melted and warped so I took them off and returned them Very disappointed. Have any of you installed the Weathertech rain guards and had an issue with the dip?

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Inkedthumbnail_LI.jpg
    Inkedthumbnail_LI.jpg
    731.3 KB · Views: 69

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a cutout in mine and I got the Mopar ones.

The mirrors comes crazy close to the window, do you have power mirrors or manual folding?

Bob.

Reaction score
I have the weather tech window rain guards. I have the dip like you say but never thought about it. I love them. The windows are down 1" right this moment while raining out and no water inside.
They are a big help when you park it in the sun too, so you don't cook the insides.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the weather tech window rain guards. I have the dip like you say but never thought about it. I love them. The windows are down 1" right this moment while raining out and no water inside.
They are a big help when you park it in the sun too, so you don't cook the insides.

How do they help when you park in the sun?

Bob.

Reaction score
Crack the windows open and no one can see they’re cracked open .
Yes, Open all the windows up to an inch and air circulates but the windows look up so a thief can't get in without breaking stuff. weather tech.jpg

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes, Open all the windows up to an inch and air circulates but the windows look up so a thief can't get in without breaking stuff.
Even when I lived in Phoenix I wouldn't take that chance.

SGMBailey

Reaction score
Mine has the same dip. Only thing I don't like about the WeatherTec are the back window ones, the fitting sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread