5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WeatherTech Mud Flaps - Mud still on

RAMEN

Reaction score
Was I wrong to expect it to protect the doors from the mud?
Whats the their purpose then?

1abc082c38728cdbc20076efea5f12c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I believe between mopar, husky and weathertech the weathertechs are between the mopar (shortest) and husky (longest). I do not know the numerical difference.
FYI:

Wsmith

Reaction score
The only way they would stop mud completely is if they were wider than the tire and almost touching the ground, even then some would still get through. They help, but are not an end all. The only way to really protect the area is with protective film, but you still have to wash it off.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

1abc082c38728cdbc20076efea5f12c3.jpg

Haha...yeah, you were definitely wrong if you expected them to stop that from happening. Like Wsmith said, their purpose is to help reduce mud/rock chips on the rockers and lower door panels, but do not eliminate that problem. You can see the area directly behind the splash guard that was protected from the worst of it.

U

User_3336

UMMM, I think your expectations WERE a little high. Its preventing some of the mess right behind the tire, but I am not sure any flaps are going to stop ALL of that..

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Adding running boards will further help reduce that spray on the side of your truck and stop more rock dings.
FWIW I hear rocks bounce off of mine all the time.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the longest, which are the Husky front flaps, and even then you will need running boards to protect your lower doors and rear fender/moldings from rock chips. Your other option is to have protective film installed on the lower doors, rear fenders and painted fender flares, but that is quite expensive.

Most affordable option, get a set off factory take-off running boards used. I got mine for $100 from a local member, who honestly was practically giving them away. However, I see them from time to time for $200 - $300. You can get a quality RB20, which comes covered with bedliner for about $625.

Users who are viewing this thread