5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WeatherTech Floor Liners Suck

Wsmith

Reaction score
I had WT in my Silverado, terrible fit crappy material. I ordered Husky, much better. I now have the Mopar in my truck. Simply the best floor mats I have ever had in any vehicle.

Caulk Boss

Reaction score
Here is the fitment of the rough country set I bought for mine. Price was 150 or so. By far worth it in my opinion.
Are these more rubbery than the weather tec? I just got my 19 Longhorn and they came with the weather tec.. And I hate how slick they are and plastic feel

Caulk Boss

Reaction score
I've owned many sets of weathertech floor liners over the years, for many different vehicles. They used to be the industry standard for fitment and quality. But that quality isn't there anymore. They feel less substantial. The edges curl. Even the fit isn't as precise as they used to be. I will never buy another one set of their floor liners. I had the Mopar all-weather floor mats in my 2017 Rebel. They looked great and were nice and supple. But they didn't provide complete cover, and dirt/water would make it to the carpet around the edges of the mats. I'm so happy that they redesigned them for the 5th gens. Complete coverage of the carpeted areas keeps dirt and water from reaching the areas I wanted to protect. I have no experience with Husky, or any of the other brands mentioned (other than WT of course). So I can't say the Mopar mats are better than those other brands. But I can say they are a huge improvement over the 4th gen versions, and so much better than weathertech. And you can get the from Amazon for under $120.
These fit in the rear of you have the underseat storage? The ones in the link to Amazon you posted?

Klicht87

Reaction score
Are these more rubbery than the weather tec? I just got my 19 Longhorn and they came with the weather tec.. And I hate how slick they are and plastic feel
The MOPAR liners are more rubbery than the weathertechs. I'm really impressed with the MOPAR liners. I usually order Husky liners over weathertechs for every other vehicle I've owned but my truck had the liners in when I bought it. I've never been a fan of weathertechs

Nova90

Reaction score
The MOPAR ones are definitely more of a rubbery material similar to the Husky liners. I used to be a big Weathertech fan, but their quality is not there anymore with the material and constantly curled edges.

Caulk Boss

Reaction score
The MOPAR ones are definitely more of a rubbery material similar to the Husky liners. I used to be a big Weathertech fan, but their quality is not there anymore with the material and constantly curled edges.
These?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210430-151858_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210430-151858_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 19

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree, I would take the mopar mats or husky liners over Weathertech any day.

mmcbeat

Reaction score
The OEM Mopar rubber mats are pretty nice. Good coverage and secure mounting.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Bought the weathertech set and threw the fronts away and went with husky ones, much softer but kept the weathertech rear as it is on piece and smooth.

just like the softer husky for the front

Users who are viewing this thread