5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weathertech Fail

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is the third vehicle I've added WeatherTech floor mats to...and for the first time, I have requested a replacement. To there credit, WeatherTech responded the same day, and is sending out a new set.

My concerns are as follows:
The mats do not set flat on the door side, and catch my feet when entering.
The mats cover up 3/4 of the accent trim.

I'd like to hear from others about their WeatherTech experience on our new Ram 1500s.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_9e7.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_9e7.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 311

sgk

Reaction score
I'll let you know tomorrow, I bought them but did not try them out. I figured I won't need them till the end of October or so. Always trade in my vehicles with immaculate factory mats I feel like I should be enjoying the looks of them more.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Front pair bought in July with the purchase of the vehicle , fit great. Bought the back about 4 weeks later when became available to fit the back for the rear storage compartment fold down area, also fit great.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have weather tech floor liners on my 2019 ram. I have had them for months they fit great and I have no issues at all

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FWIW, the mats that come with the Off-Road package and Rebel I assume, are really nice. Especially because they have a split in the rear but mate together for complete coverage.

Obvious, they fit like a glove and clean up quick.

Echance01

Reaction score
FWIW, the mats that come with the Off-Road package and Rebel I assume, are really nice. Especially because they have a split in the rear but mate together for complete coverage.

Obvious, they fit like a glove and clean up quick.

Agreed. The Mopar mats feel more “solid” then the weather tech mats I have had in the past. They also give more grip (the weather techs were slick, especially after they were cleaned).

Don’t get me wrong I liked my weather techs but would pick the Mopar mats if I had to choose.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
The mopar floor mats are exceptionally good, I would pick those up if you continue having issues.

CMENT

Reaction score
I had problems with the WeatherTech in my 2013 3500 and the 2016 F150. Their customer service was great, but after having sent back 3(!) for inproper fit, I went to Husky floormats in the f150 after sending the rear replacement back again to WeatherTech. They do have great customer service. Have not decided if to go Husky or Mopar for the 19 Limited.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had problems with the WeatherTech in my 2013 3500 and the 2016 F150. Their customer service was great, but after having sent back 3(!) for inproper fit, I went to Husky floormats in the f150 after sending the rear replacement back again to WeatherTech. They do have great customer service. Have not decided if to go Husky or Mopar for the 19 Limited.

I haven't had WeatherTechs since the Husky Xact mats have been out. Had the regular Huskys in a 2014 F150, Xacts in a 2016 F150 and the Mopars in the 2019. The Mopars are a step up from the Xacts and WeatherTechs don't compare...

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m running the full oem Mopar ones and outside of sometime curling up front, mine are all good.

shauste

Reaction score
I've had WeatherTech mats in my previous 2 Rams but since I had this one built from the factory I decided to go with the Ram floormats and I am pleased with them and glad I opted for them. I found, too as someone mentioned, that WeatherTechs are very slick after cleaning and I could never get them truly cleaned even with scrubbing.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. They are like a sheet of ice if you do not clean them correctly. Sadly I’ve not found the “ correct “ way lol..

Users who are viewing this thread