5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weathertech Custom Sunshade -- Poor Fit

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
Bought a Weathertech Custom Fit Sunshade (TS1192) from CARID for my 2020 Limited with the large sensor. Problem is that it sags around the sensor and is about an inch short on the driver's side. Sent photos to Weathertech and one of the customer service people said he would compare my photos to their stock photos to check the difference in fit, if any. Then another customer service person chimed in and said that I would have to take my issue up with CARID, even though it is manufacturing issue. Frustration sets in big time. My son has a 2019 Bighorn and his Weathertech sunshade fits perfectly. So now I am to hoping that I can get some relief from CARID even though none of this is really their issue. I believe I have had my last rodeo with Weathertech.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bought a Weathertech Custom Fit Sunshade (TS1192) from CARID for my 2020 Limited with the large sensor. Problem is that it sags around the sensor and is about an inch short on the driver's side. Sent photos to Weathertech and one of the customer service people said he would compare my photos to their stock photos to check the difference in fit, if any. Then another customer service person chimed in and said that I would have to take my issue up with CARID, even though it is manufacturing issue. Frustration sets in big time. My son has a 2019 Bighorn and his Weathertech sunshade fits perfectly. So now I am to hoping that I can get some relief from CARID even though none of this is really their issue. I believe I have had my last rodeo with Weathertech.
For what it’s worth, Covercraft shades fit very well.

whetrick1

Reaction score

I don't buy weathertech products anymore because I bought a weathertech bug and stone hood protector and one of the mounting holes Crack after about a year and not from any kind of impact. They wouldn't warranty it because I didn't buy it directly from them. But offered to sale me another one at half price and I told them to shove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
I don't buy weathertech products anymore because I bought a weathertech bug and stone hood protector and one of the mounting holes Crack after about a year and not from any kind of impact. They wouldn't warranty it because I didn't buy it directly from them. But offered to sale me another one at half price and I told them to shove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is my second time around with them. Think I would have learned by now. Never again with Weathertech.

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
Speedy -- I just went to the Covercraft website and they show 4 custom sunshades -- UVS 100 Custom -- UVS 100 Premier -- Carhartt USV 100 Custom and Flex Shade. Would appreciate knowing to which one of these you were referring when you said it "fits very well". Many thanks in advance.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Speedy -- I just went to the Covercraft website and they show 4 custom sunshades -- UVS 100 Custom -- UVS 100 Premier -- Carhartt USV 100 Custom and Flex Shade. Would appreciate knowing to which one of these you were referring when you said it "fits very well". Many thanks in advance.
I have one of those lol, let me see

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah I have a UVS 100 Custom and I’m sure any of those are pretty much the same

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Premier and Carhartt are just fancy versions of the UVS 100. The Flex Shade is entirely different (I don’t like that style). I have the standard silver UVS 100. When you order, you need to select the version with the correct cutout for your rearview mirror configuration.

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
The Premier and Carhartt are just fancy versions of the UVS 100. The Flex Shade is entirely different (I don’t like that style). I have the standard silver UVS 100. When you order, you need to select the version with the correct cutout for your rearview mirror configuration.

Got it, many thanks for your help,

RamLink83

Reaction score
I have a covercraft and it fits too well. It's super tight and much harder to get into the windshield compared to the covercraft shade I had for my tundra. Maybe it's just the angle and design of the ram windshield that makes it more difficult to install.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a covercraft and it fits too well. It's super tight and much harder to get into the windshield compared to the covercraft shade I had for my tundra. Maybe it's just the angle and design of the ram windshield that makes it more difficult to install.
It does need to be positioned just right to fit in there!

pber1

Reaction score
Did you get the 10 inch or 5 inch?

RamLink83

Reaction score
Did you get the 10 inch or 5 inch?
I think the 5". I got the one for the small mirror sensor since I have a Bighorn without the lane assist and all that other stuff. I have no problem around the mirror, it's the overall width and height of the visor that make it tough to slide in and fully open the visor.

pber1

Reaction score
I think the 5". I got the one for the small mirror sensor since I have a Bighorn without the lane assist and all that other stuff. I have no problem around the mirror, it's the overall width and height of the visor that make it tough to slide in and fully open the visor.
I order it last night hopefully it’s not too much of a hassle to put on! Thanks for the help

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I swear by the covercraft visors, my last 3 cars have had them. I did IR blocking ceramic tint on my windshield this time so I am going to test that out once it warms up before I buy one for the truck.

RamLink83

Reaction score
I order it last night hopefully it’s not too much of a hassle to put on! Thanks for the help
I initially thought they sent me the wrong one because it didn't seem to fit. I think they could have made it a tad smaller to make installation less pain in the butt. Installing the one in my tundra was so easy compared to this one.

Users who are viewing this thread