5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weathertech Bed Mat

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Weathertech Bed and Tailgate mat? I know most of you will say to go with Line-X, and I'm still considering it, but if I decided to go with just a bed and tailgate mat, how good is the Weathertech vs. the competition? The other's I've seen are the Bed Rug Mats, and the Rough Country Mat, although I don't believe Rough Country makes a tailgate piece. Anyways, looking for thoughts on these three and specifically the Weathertech.

Weathertech

Bed Rug

Rough Country

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Following. I think the rubber mat will be better for my needs than spray on texture
That's my reasoning too. I'm going to install a tonneau cover, and I plan on doing nothing more than putting bikes back there, and the occasional trip to the dump and get bags of mulch. I can't see myself dinging up the sides of the truck at all especially if I use blankets to protect it the times I do put things in there. It seems like it's just the floor of the bed and the tailgate that will take the brunt of it. I've got a quote of $480+VA Sales tax to install the Line-X, but these other solutions are just a fraction of that.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's my reasoning too. I'm going to install a tonneau cover, and I plan on doing nothing more than putting bikes back there, and the occasional trip to the dump and get bags of mulch. I can't see myself dinging up the sides of the truck at all especially if I use blankets to protect it the times I do put things in there. It seems like it's just the floor of the bed and the tailgate that will take the brunt of it. I've got a quote of $480+VA Sales tax to install the Line-X, but these other solutions are just a fraction of that.
I have the Sentry CT cover, which is excellent. I haul hydrographic and Geodetic equipment quite often, things like nuclear density gauges I don’t sliding around. I don’t think I need sidewalk protection, and a rug will probably have less traction.

tobyw

Reaction score
I'm watching to see if Dual Liner comes out with a kit for the 6'-4" bed... Right now they have a listing for the 5'-7" and haven't yet replied to my inquiry on the longer bed availability.

Dual Liner for 2019 RAM 1500

Zeeya

Reaction score
My past 4 trucks have had spray in bed liners and I still end up getting a rubber mat due to items still sliding around back there with just the liner. Now to a mat for Rambox bed

ram0686

Reaction score
I have the Sentry CT cover, which is excellent. I haul hydrographic and Geodetic equipment quite often, things like nuclear density gauges I don’t sliding around. I don’t think I need sidewalk protection, and a rug will probably have less traction.

Surveying equipment?

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Surveying equipment?
Yeah, I own an engineering and land surveying firm with my brother. From time to time, I will go pick up or drop off equipment for repair or rentals. I get out with the survey crew sometimes as well, hence the 4x4 Ram :giggle:

deanfx

Reaction score
I don't like nuclear anything sliding around.

ram0686

Reaction score
Yeah, I own an engineering and land surveying firm with my brother. From time to time, I will go pick up or drop off equipment for repair or rentals. I get out with the survey crew sometimes as well, hence the 4x4 Ram :giggle:

Well looks like we in the same line of business. Can't say I use the RAM for hauling RTK / Total Stations equipment. I just haul a** with it!

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Well, after saying I only needed a mat, I've decided to go in on a BedRug Impact mat, with the regular BedRug carpet liners on the sides. For $439 plus sales tax, it was still cheaper than a Line-X liner at $480+Tax for which I probably would have dropped another $200 on the bedRug Impact Mat alone to put down over the Line-X. So, $465 all in for the BedRug system and I'm good to roll.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, after saying I only needed a mat, I've decided to go in on a BedRug Impact mat, with the regular BedRug carpet liners on the sides. For $439 plus sales tax, it was still cheaper than a Line-X liner at $480+Tax for which I probably would have dropped another $200 on the bedRug Impact Mat alone to put down over the Line-X. So, $465 all in for the BedRug system and I'm good to roll.

View attachment 31322
That would be sweet...if they made one for RamBox beds :(

badzdad

Reaction score
No weather tech bed mat for the 5'7'' box?!

I've called multiple times since I got my truck...no dice. They don’t even know when they will be available. I was told May back in Feb...now they arent giving a date when it will be available for the 5'7" so I went a different way because my bed is looking like trash waiting for them.

badzdad

Reaction score

View attachment 31322

I got the impact mat last week. I've only hauled a couple of small generators on it so far. I'm not in love with it...but I don’t hate it either. It was an easy enough install and I'm hoping it grows on me. The kids will love it for drive in movie night since it definitely has some give to it and will be comfy for them.

westcoast

Reaction score
I've called multiple times since I got my truck...no dice. They don’t even know when they will be available. I was told May back in Feb...now they arent giving a date when it will be available for the 5'7" so I went a different way because my bed is looking like trash waiting for them.
Jeese. Most beds at 5 7. Stupid business decision on weathertechs part

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I always have the spray in .. but I would like a "mat" for daily hauling as to not mar or damage 'delicate' items.
I normally stop by my local MENARDS and grab a piece of leftover rug (scraps). Cheap and if I get it dirty, no biggy.

I had one vehicle years ago that I did with indoor-outdoor carpet (to haul a jet ski). That was fun :)

Reaction score
I did rhino lining. It was much cheaper than line-x

xspeedy

Reaction score
I just acquired a new 1500 5‘7” standard bed. I came from an F-150 and really liked the Dee Zee mats. Can be found on Amazon, but you may need to hunt for the tail gate if you want that. I just covered the bed and used blankets for loading over the gate. My current truck has the spray bed liner but still want a mat for extra protection and grip.

Has anyone tried the bed rug mat? I doubt it would grip as well.

Users who are viewing this thread