5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather Alerts are not wanted. Can I disable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelchamps

Reaction score
I live in a snow belt area. I don't want to be constantly reminded of weather. In fact it infuriates me me technology infringes on me.
Can I disable this feature?
Furthermore, what is the most minimalist setup for the 12 inch screen besides shutting it "off" would be nice to have more Zen options.

Ickabod

Reaction score
I live in a snow belt area. I don't want to be constantly reminded of weather. In fact it infuriates me me technology infringes on me.
Furthermore, what is the most minimalist setup for the 12 inch screen besides shutting it "off" would be nice to have more Zen options.
If you want minimalist setup, why didn't you go with the 8.4 screen? ;-)

Steelchamps

Reaction score
Because it's the only way I could get the full console, 3.21 in granite.
I don't hate it, but I don't love it like maybe others do.

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Weather Alerts are part of all Uconnect systems if you have NAV and the XM Guardian Package. I hate these notices. I live in Northern Virginia and I get alerts for places hundreds of miles away. It's ridiculous, and a safety hazzard IMO since the alerts don't automatically go away and you have to reach over to the far right of the screen and hit the 'x' button to exit the alert. But I've called numerous times, and the only way (maybe other than buying a Tazer) is to have them cancel the entire XM Guardian package, but you'll lose XM radio and you'll lose the 5 years of Traffic on the Nav.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
if you use Tazer to disable weather alerts, you also lose traffic, SOS, and Assist. SOS & assist i don't really care about, but traffic is kind of nice. I like the idea if the air bags go off, it automatically calls SOS. At least i thought thats how it worked. If you use Tazer to turn off weather, I think you loose all of the "connected" UConnect features.

Zinger

Reaction score
The 8.4 screens have these annoying weather alerts that can't be turned off as well. My Guardian subscription finally expired so maybe they'll go away.

Everything about the 4c radio is garbage. The nav is terrible, the maps are outdated. The voice commands are terrible. Guardian functions are terrible and don't work. A complete waste of $700 or whatever the upgrade was. The only usable feature over the base option is the HD radio, and for $700 I can buy over a decade of XM radio.

I got very acquainted with Android auto because of all the shortcomings, and now I use it every time I start the truck. Youtube music costs $19 a month for my entire family, and includes Youtube Premium to boot. I put an Android auto head unit in my other car and everything works identically there too, with no added subscription costs.

Sirius can go bankrupt for all I care. Their products are overpriced garbage. I also hate the fact that there is no option to completely disable any sending of information to them. Another entity tracking our every move.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can’t be disabled in the settings as far as I have seen.

rrbhokies

Reaction score
you need to go to anger management classes. If a weather alert causes fury in you there is something seriously wrong. :eek: Or maybe just cut down on the caffeine?
Says the guy who probably doesn't have the XM Guardian package and doesn't have to worry about the weather alerts.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
The 8.4 screens have these annoying weather alerts that can't be turned off as well. My Guardian subscription finally expired so maybe they'll go away.

Everything about the 4c radio is garbage. The nav is terrible, the maps are outdated. The voice commands are terrible. Guardian functions are terrible and don't work. A complete waste of $700 or whatever the upgrade was. The only usable feature over the base option is the HD radio, and for $700 I can buy over a decade of XM radio.

I got very acquainted with Android auto because of all the shortcomings, and now I use it every time I start the truck. Youtube music costs $19 a month for my entire family, and includes Youtube Premium to boot. I put an Android auto head unit in my other car and everything works identically there too, with no added subscription costs.

Sirius can go bankrupt for all I care. Their products are overpriced garbage. I also hate the fact that there is no option to completely disable any sending of information to them. Another entity tracking our every move.
Mine works great!

rlc2020

Reaction score
You " worry " about them ?? Really ??
Yes, I can back him up on this. it is absolutely ridiculous to have to reach over and clear my screen while driving almost every single day. It's not safe and its extremely annoying. Why are you here arguing with people about something that doesn't affect you at all?

I will also second that the NavC 8.4 unit is garbage, which is a shame because I really like the way that the screen looks and the features would be great, if they worked that is. My truck might end up being a buy back because of the issues I'm having with the unit....

Geobound

Reaction score
So it would appear that I was smart and didn't activate my XM Guardian, but why would you lose traffic and Sirius radio just by canceling your Guardian membership?

Mine works fine without Guardian activated, and I don't think I've ever had a weather alert either?

drstein

Reaction score
Yes, I can back him up on this. it is absolutely ridiculous to have to reach over and clear my screen while driving almost every single day. It's not safe and its extremely annoying. Why are you here arguing with people about something that doesn't affect you at all?

I will also second that the NavC 8.4 unit is garbage, which is a shame because I really like the way that the screen looks and the features would be great, if they worked that is. My truck might end up being a buy back because of the issues I'm having with the unit....

" Arguing " ?? Hardly. " Everyday" ?? Comeon now. And " it doesn't affect you
at all " Like the HIGH WIND warning that came up last week on mine ?? Apparently YOU like to argue. Cancer, loved one ill, being evicted, those things one should " worry " about, a pop up screen, seriously. Perspective

Steelchamps

Reaction score
Yes, only complain about the death of loved ones and being evicted if you find absurd, intrusive, infringing “weather alerts “ to be a problem.
Like, no **** there’s weather. Maybe we can have a remember to breath oxygen alert jamming up our frequencies next.

Furthermore, every time I shut the truck off and jump back in, while I’m adjusting ****pit “BLAHHH HEY GUESS WHAT DUDE WEATHER MIGHT HAPPEN IN THE NEXT 12 HOURS LIKE IVE TOLD YA THE LAST 7 times BLAAAHHH”

I, for one can not stand it.

rlc2020

Reaction score
" Arguing " ?? Hardly. " Everyday" ?? Comeon now. And " it doesn't affect you
at all " Like the HIGH WIND warning that came up last week on mine ?? Apparently YOU like to argue. Cancer, loved one ill, being evicted, those things one should " worry " about, a pop up screen, seriously. Perspective
So because cancer exists we aren't allowed to be bothered by anything else? Seriously? No one ever can complain about anything anymore? There's cancer so all your other problems don't exist! Could you be more of a simpleton? That is how you are justifying telling us we can't be upset, because there are other problems in life? That is the argument of a 10 year old.

I am not the one that came on this thread to tell everyone on it that they aren't allowed to complain, I am not the one that is starting arguments as you say. That person is you buddy.

Also, learn how to spell and only 1 question mark is needed at the end of a sentence. Also, you, use, too, many, commas,,,,,,,,,,,

drstein

Reaction score
WORRY was the word, not " bothered " These were YOUR words " doesn't have to worry about the weather alerts. " First you verbally spar with 1 member :
spaightlabs said:
you need to go to anger management classes. If a weather alert causes fury in you there is something seriously wrong. :eek: Or maybe just cut down on the caffeine?
: Says the guy who probably doesn't have the XM Guardian package and doesn't have to worry about the weather alerts. "

and now, you want to move on to me. and name caling, a " simpleton " ....really ?? A PC tough guy. I opt out.

BugBuster

Reaction score
One thing to consider about the Weather Alert... On December 26, 2015, a lady driving on IH 30 had turned OFF the weather alert. If she had not, she probably would still be alive today. While it may be a nuisance, if you miss that alert that could have saved your life...

rlc2020

Reaction score
WORRY was the word, not " bothered " These were YOUR words " doesn't have to worry about the weather alerts. " First you verbally spar with 1 member :

: Says the guy who probably doesn't have the XM Guardian package and doesn't have to worry about the weather alerts. "

and now, you want to move on to me. and name caling, a " simpleton " ....really ?? A PC tough guy. I opt out.
Still using too many commas and periods and question marks. You really have a problem with punctuation. Also, opting out would be you not responding. You can't respond while also saying you are opting out at the same time, doesn't make sense, right? Guess I would be mad all the time if I had the reading and writing level of a 3rd grader.
Also, read the signature "tough guy" I do have the nav with Guardian, it's right there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread