5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

weather advisory popups - way to disable?

leftoutside

Reaction score
I get real tired of taking my eyes off the road to hit "OK" to the weather advisory popups, everytime I restart the truck. Once a day would be fine, or once per advisory period, but honestly, I could totally do without them completely. I get such things from my phone, and I dont need the extra step on the stereo, when I go to change the channel, etc.

Anyone find a way to disable these completely?

blownout1500

Reaction score
I get real tired of taking my eyes off the road to hit "OK" to the weather advisory popups, everytime I restart the truck. Once a day would be fine, or once per advisory period, but honestly, I could totally do without them completely. I get such things from my phone, and I dont need the extra step on the stereo, when I go to change the channel, etc.

Anyone find a way to disable these completely?

Researched this... apparently you gotta call and request to be taken off the service. Since involves a phone and waiting I haven’t tried yet. Can’t remember who you’re supposed to call. Sorry, not much help!

leftoutside

Reaction score
Oooooh I'll bet its XMSirius you gotta call. I bet its part of that stuff. That makes sense. Thx man

SP1772

Reaction score
My car was purchased in Maryland, but originated in Delaware. I get weather advisories for Delaware every day. I haven’t spent much time tinkering with it. Anyone have any ideas how to change the weather location? Thanks!

rrbhokies

Reaction score
I had a problem nearly 2 years ago in my 2017 Charger where I was getting nearly a dozen warnings from areas within a 200-300 mile radius (West Virginia, Delaware, North Carolina)..... I live in Virginia. At the time, when I called, XM Guardian, there was no way to simply disable the advisories alone. They had to cancel all XM services, including the free year of XM radio, and the 5 years of XM Traffic on the Nav. But they did give me 6 mo. free XM after they canceled all the services.

So, this problem has been happening for years to various customers. And I hope that they are able to simply remove the weather alerts separately now as opposed to having to cancel everything.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Disabling weather and all notifications is just 1 of the many features with the Tazer DT. One of the best investments I've made to date with my ram. it is pricey @ $325.00 but IMO totally worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread