5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"We can't build the truck you ordered..." WTF?!?!?!

BTK20

Reaction score
Below is an email I just got from my sales rep that he got from the supply chain manager. Long story short, I ordered a Limited Black Appearance Package 2WD. Been waiting for a VIN over 3 weeks. Apparently, RAM won't build it with 2wd and the air suspension. Have to either opt for 4wd or lose the air suspension. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

> -------- Original Message --------
> > > From: Sean Begley <[email protected]>
> > > Date: February 11, 2020 at 4:27:11 PM EST
> > > To: [email protected]
> > > Cc: Robert Weaver <[email protected]>
> > > Subject: Brian @ Mall of GA - DT Sold Customer Order Build Issue
> > >
> > > ?
> > > Brian. per our conversation, here is the VON and info for the sold order that cannot be built
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, it was communicated to us by Program Management that the plant cannot support building the below sold customer orders. This is due to the vehicles having 4X2 with an air suspension. There is a change in STV that will remove the air suspension to allow this body model CPOS to build.
> > >
> > > When you get a chance, can you advise if the customers would approve of the air suspension being removed from these units? The other option would be to cancel the orders and reorder with another CPOS or with 4X4. Please let me know if you have any questions.
> > >
> > > J 68510 MALL OF GEORGIA CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP CDTJR
> > >
> > > 45358475
> > > DT1M98
> > > C
> > > 68510
> > > 66
> > > 23M
> > > 4EA
> > >
> > > Sean T. Begley
> > >
> > > Supply Chain Manager | Fiat Chrysler Automobiles

BTK20

Reaction score
You might wanna consider yourself fortunate that you can't get the air suspension...just sayin'.
Every one has differing opinions, the point is, they can be bought in that configuration off the lot, but RAM has decided to not build anymore. I told them they can either give me 4wd at our agreed price, or give me 1500 in other options instead. We shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread