5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WDH adjustment advice.

Creep0321

Reaction score
So got the truck/ trailer weighed today since the slide broke and I can’t camp. All three tickets attached. All with 40psi in the airlift 100HD. Dealer installed Equilizer WDH, with only 4 washers. And I can almost slide the Spring bars onto the bracket by hand without using the Jack. Tickets show I definitely need to transfer more weight forward, but looking for advice on best way to adjust, raise brackets one notch? Or just add washers? Or both? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• BCE566E8-20B4-4192-89F5-82223EBE99C2.jpeg
    BCE566E8-20B4-4192-89F5-82223EBE99C2.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 27
  • C5449CCE-F4CD-4EE8-8CFB-A15709BD74AE.jpeg
    C5449CCE-F4CD-4EE8-8CFB-A15709BD74AE.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 26538441-1288-43FE-B9E7-CD0BD7B39B60.jpeg
    26538441-1288-43FE-B9E7-CD0BD7B39B60.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 27

Markvv

Reaction score
I don't have a equalizer but I believe the brackets are for larger adjustments and the washers for small adjustments. So I think move the brackets up one and check again. There will be lots of adjusting till you get it right. But once set you shouldn't have to do again unless you buy a different trailer. And yes more weight back to the front axle as close as possible to the original as you can get.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Make your weight transfer adjustments with the brackets.

Here's what the manual says about the washers:
"Insert the spacer rivet with washers into the back of the hitch head to pre-load the angle of the hitch head. Start with 5 spacer washers for most setups. If your actual tongue weight is higher than 90% of the hitch’s max tongue weight rating (e.g. TW > 1,080 lb. on a 12K hitch), you may want to start with 6 spacer washers or more as the tongue weight approaches the maximum hitch rating. Some setups with lighter tongue weights may only need 4 washers."

Set your head unit (with hitch ball) angle so your bars are as parallel as possible with the frailer frame when connected.

I suggest you make all your adjustments with your airbags empty. Then if your adjustments don't get your rear end up high enough, fine-tune with the airbags.
Here's an interesting video regards airbags and WDH Airbags & WDH

Creep0321

Reaction score
Make your weight transfer adjustments with the brackets.

Here's what the manual says about the washers:
"Insert the spacer rivet with washers into the back of the hitch head to pre-load the angle of the hitch head. Start with 5 spacer washers for most setups. If your actual tongue weight is higher than 90% of the hitch’s max tongue weight rating (e.g. TW > 1,080 lb. on a 12K hitch), you may want to start with 6 spacer washers or more as the tongue weight approaches the maximum hitch rating. Some setups with lighter tongue weights may only need 4 washers."

Set your head unit (with hitch ball) angle so your bars are as parallel as possible with the frailer frame when connected.

I suggest you make all your adjustments with your airbags empty. Then if your adjustments don't get your rear end up high enough, fine-tune with the airbags.
Here's an interesting video regards airbags and WDH Airbags & WDH
Interesting, looks different then what my manual says. Mine says to start with 6 (dealer only put on 4) and for adjusting under distributed load it says to add washer as or raise L brackets…

“Insert the spacer rivet with washers into the back of the hitch head. Start with 6 spacer washers for most setups. (Figure 1)”

“To correct under distribution, add more spacer washers to the hitch head or raise the L-brackets.”

Interesting video, but I wish they would add a 4th example of airbags, AND WDH.

Users who are viewing this thread