5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waze Question

ponypride

Reaction score
I have a Lamarie without navigation. I used Waze last night with my iPhone 7 and it was great. My only issue is the turn by turn directions were at a much higher volume than th radio. I tried to change my phone’s settings, with no luck. Any ideas to fix this isssue are appreciated.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is no fix.. the volume for NAV defaults to 15. All you can do it turn it down when it starts to speak... and you will have to do this *every* time because it defaults to back to 15 when you shut off the truck.

Rich

Reaction score
Two things I noticed just recently, like the last two days.

When on the navigation map (I forget if Waze or Google map), turn the volume knob of the dashboard and it will lower the nav volume. I use Android Auto, not iPhone. But this doesn't remember the setting. So you may have to do it each time you connect your phone.

The big second change I noticed is that my default Nav guidance volume default setting of 4 seems to be sticking now! Even when letting the truck sit overnight. This seems new and makes me wonder if there was a software update that came automatically somehow over the air?

The strange thing now is that even with the nav guidance volume staying at my setting of 4, it still seems LOUD, but if I go to the nav guidance volume setting and bump it up to 5 (or down to 3) and then back to 4 again, then it seems like the proper softer loudness again. I still have to do more testing to see if this is something real and easily duplicated.

It's almost like after a cold start the system doesn't know the default volume setting was changed from 15 to 4 until you toggle the setting.

RAMREB

Reaction score
There is a setting in the Ap to only have audio for the hazards and not the turn by turn directions. This may make the audio a little less annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread