5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waze/Nav volume too low on CarPlay

Epfireman

Reaction score
It’s seems something has changed in my Ram nav settings. When in CarPlay the nav volume use to be the same loudness as stereo. But now my Waze app is way low and barely audible. The phone volume is all the way up and volume in waze app is all the way up too.. but you can’t barely hear waze unless it’s the only thing playing... I’ve heard a temp fix is to turn volume up on head unit when the app is giving directions but will reset to the lower volume when the vehicle is shut off .. I’m gonna try this today to confirm... anyone got any 411 or having the same problem.. it seems this change occurred when I got the update for the drone /rumble sound in the active noise cancelling update a month ago... Ramcare ???

Wedgeajt

Reaction score
Check the settings in the Waze App. I think there is a volume setting in there.

B-Rebel

Reaction score
Your music and nav have two different volumes. The only way I’ve seen to adjust it is when the nav is giving a direction. As the nav is giving you a direction you have a short period of time to adjust the volume on your radio. I usually use the steering wheel buttons. When nav kicks in it will use that volume and then the previous volume for music. Hopefully that makes sense

Jakecukich

Reaction score
Your music and nav have two different volumes. The only way I’ve seen to adjust it is when the nav is giving a direction. As the nav is giving you a direction you have a short period of time to adjust the volume on your radio. I usually use the steering wheel buttons. When nav kicks in it will use that volume and then the previous volume for music. Hopefully that makes sense
^ yup what he said, while the nav is talking, turn the dial up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online