5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waze For Android Auto Log In Issue

Miyagido

Reaction score
I've been having an issue ever since I purchased my 2020 1500 with my Waze app on Android Auto. I keep getting an error screen (see attached).

It is telling me to disconnect the phone and log in to Waze. I have disconnected the phone and made sure I was logged in to Waze many times to no change. I have also cleared the cache for both the Android Auto app and Waze app on my phone. I have a Google Pixel 4 XL. I have rebooted the device after clearing the cache several times as well. Nothing works, I continue to get the error message every time.

Does anyone on here know what the fix for this is? I always used the Waze app before I purchased this vehicle and would like to continue to use it, just now through Android Auto on the truck.

Thanks in advance guys!

Attachments

• Android Auto - Waze Issue.jpg
    Android Auto - Waze Issue.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 14

TangoFoxtrot

Reaction score
I had the same issue, ended up just not using waze for about 2 months. Then one day I logged in on my phone and then turned on Android Auto and it started working. Now for whatever reason it no longer shows up as a option in AAuto anymore...

Miyagido

Reaction score
I had the same issue, ended up just not using waze for about 2 months. Then one day I logged in on my phone and then turned on Android Auto and it started working. Now for whatever reason it no longer shows up as a option in AAuto anymore...
Wow! I don't know why it would have such an issue with Waze. It's a Google app, it should work without any issues. I did call Ram support line over the weekend. They told me to reach out to the developer, which is Google. I haven't reached out to them yet, but plan on doing so this week. Reach out to them and see if they have a solution for it disappearing from your AA menu. If they get enough calls, hopefully they fix the issue across the board.

shrubs2000

Reaction score
Try this...Go into Settings, Apps, Waze, and Force the Stop. Then go to Storage. Clear the data and cache. Start Waze and log back in.

Also, from my experience Google is notorious for breaking this app on some of the updates.

Users who are viewing this thread