5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Way to view eTorque stats?

Dr. Cheeseburger

Reaction score
I sure wish there was a way to see the eTorque stats....would love to know the voltage of the battery pack and the output of the MGU to see how much assist it is giving. Or how much energy is going back into the pack during regen!! I am a huge stat nerd and would love to see that kind of stuff. Is there any kind of scan tool or something to read certain PIDs that could tell us that info? Seems like the eTorque system is shrouded in such mystery

2020Larrie

Reaction score
They don't want you to know...

They stated etorque will be gone within a few years replaced by fully plug in trucks.

I think etorque was mopars way to dabble in batteries and get their work force used to them before going full tesla.

But it sure would seem easy to get that if you had a tuner/software engineer.

BigD

Reaction score
Good luck pushing all electric on the truck population. Will see how well the Ford Lightning sells next year. Sounds like a p.o.s. to me !! Give me my V-8 gas guzzler. I don't even want any of that turbo crap !!

U

User_3336

Have you ever driven a turbo? They are amazing!!!
They do have that low end torque, which is nice. Ford and its Ecoboost has been plagued with issues for a number of years in the F150. Even the Ranger is experiencing gas dilution in the oil caused by the engine design.

2020Larrie

Reaction score
Good luck pushing all electric on the truck population. Will see how well the Ford Lightning sells next year. Sounds like a p.o.s. to me !! Give me my V-8 gas guzzler. I don't even want any of that turbo crap !!
I agree, thats why i think a plug in hybrid like the e jeep is the thing they are going for. Imagine 300 plus torque electric (a motor just twice or a liitle more than current etorque strap on motors) with a 50-75 mile range using only elec, plug in at night. Mall crawler, grocery getter, errand truck to Home Depot. Never use a pint of fuel. Now dig your foot in and With the engine and electric it would hit 4-500 HP and torque and give you 400 plus miles range. It's sort of what the etorque and 5.7 do today, with 4 cylinder shutting down on cruise or idle, battery on accel or hills.

That would work. Thats exactly what the ejeep does today, check it out, pretty cool.

I think the ehummer and all electric ford f150 will flop horribly once they get stuck on the side of the road towing a boat to the lake, or trying to anyway.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of all electric truck but if we are talking about the f150 they can tow a commercial job site generator that runs on diesel and charge the vehicle on the go. Lol sounds crazy but if you were doing a long road trip it might be necessary

BigD

Reaction score
Have you ever driven a turbo? They are amazing!!!
I had a Chevy cruise with turbo. The lag was downright dangerous. Also that little 4 banger sucked gas like a V-8. I heard the Ford F-150 V-6 turbo sucks gas like a V-8 also.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My buddy has an f-350 with the 6.7 power stroke. The engine is an animal. Also I traded a 3.0 duramax turbo diesel in for my rebel. I averaged 28 miles to the gallon. I also love my new rebel with the hemi. I like the drive better hence the reason for buying a truck. The Silverado drove more like a sedan. 95 mph on the highway at 1800 rpms. The rebel at 75 is above 2k rpms sucking the gas. But I don’t feel any bumps whatsoever in the rebel

U

User_3336

I had a Chevy cruise with turbo. The lag was downright dangerous. Also that little 4 banger sucked gas like a V-8. I heard the Ford F-150 V-6 turbo sucks gas like a V-8 also.
You heard right.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
I sure wish there was a way to see the eTorque stats....would love to know the voltage of the battery pack and the output of the MGU to see how much assist it is giving. Or how much energy is going back into the pack during regen!! I am a huge stat nerd and would love to see that kind of stuff. Is there any kind of scan tool or something to read certain PIDs that could tell us that info? Seems like the eTorque system is shrouded in such mystery
Let me guess you presently use statistical tracking in your present job.

U

User_3336

My buddy has an f-350 with the 6.7 power stroke. The engine is an animal. Also I traded a 3.0 duramax turbo diesel in for my rebel. I averaged 28 miles to the gallon. I also love my new rebel with the hemi. I like the drive better hence the reason for buying a truck. The Silverado drove more like a sedan. 95 mph on the highway at 1800 rpms. The rebel at 75 is above 2k rpms sucking the gas. But I don’t feel any bumps whatsoever in the rebel
Hmmmm, 75mph isn't the peak speed for MPG in ANY vehicle, probably 3.92 axle, 4x4, bigger tires......

Last edited by a moderator:

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely not the peak speed. My truck doesn’t have 1k miles on it yet so I’m taking it easy. Had her up to 95 just in a spurt. I’m just using the rpms as an indicator. Speed limits on the highway I use for work is 55 so 75 is fast enough so as not to attract the state troopers. My rebel is I’m sure faster than the Silverado I got rid of. I’m not putting ram down. I will probably drive a ram for the rest of my days. I’m just saying the little duramax was a nice engine. Not good for me because I’m the winter I’ll sit in the truck for about an hour before work and the new diesels really shouldn’t sit idling. I haven’t hit top speed in either vehicle but I know at 95 my rebel still had plenary more. The Silverado kind of leveled out at 105 to where she wasn’t trying to go any faster. I’m gonna wait for my first oil change before I get on the Rebel a little more. For now I’m just cruising. Enjoying every minute of this teuck

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. Any basic OBD tool that connects to your phone via WiFi combined with a decent app (I use CarScanner) will show you some of this information. When I watched stats on my 2020 5.7 w/ eTorque (prior to trading for an EcoD), I noticed the pack voltage hovered around 44V and typically stayed around 60% charged, going as low as about 50%, and as high as about 85%. Regen ONLY occurred on my truck when I actually applied some amount of force (even slight) to the brake pedal - coasting did NOT ever regen to the battery. Regen power is about 8.8 kW (44V times 200 amps at peak). After regen and upon resuming accleration, the electric motor would apply about 2.2 kW of assist power (44V * 50A~) until the battery hit its programmed idle capacity of around 60%. Charge and discharge does not take long since the pack is so small (430 wH), and the power input/output is substantial in comparison. You can also see that eTorque does indeed play a role in shift behavior based on current input/output during shifts - it will slow down the engine for upshifting (regen in the process) and speed up the engine for downshifting (uses stored power).

This is the tool I have - anything similar should work. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G525XK6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. Any basic OBD tool that connects to your phone via WiFi combined with a decent app (I use CarScanner) will show you some of this information. When I watched stats on my 2020 5.7 w/ eTorque (prior to trading for an EcoD), I noticed the pack voltage hovered around 44V and typically stayed around 60% charged, going as low as about 50%, and as high as about 85%. Regen ONLY occurred on my truck when I actually applied some amount of force (even slight) to the brake pedal - coasting did NOT ever regen to the battery. Regen power is about 8.8 kW (44V times 200 amps at peak). After regen and upon resuming accleration, the electric motor would apply about 2.2 kW of assist power (44V * 50A~) until the battery hit its programmed idle capacity of around 60%. Charge and discharge does not take long since the pack is so small (430 wH), and the power input/output is substantial in comparison. You can also see that eTorque does indeed play a role in shift behavior based on current input/output during shifts - it will slow down the engine for upshifting (regen in the process) and speed up the engine for downshifting (uses stored power).

This is the tool I have - anything similar should work. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G525XK6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Great info…thanks for sharing!

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, with the Ecoboost, you either have to choose eco, or boost, their is no "both" option. I had a 2016 F150 with the 2.7 ecoboost v6, it was a gas hog.

Users who are viewing this thread