5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wax, f-11, ceramic what’s

Bambikiller

Reaction score
What’s everyone’s go to for long lasting shine and protection .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clean19

Reaction score
I know you mean well but this topic has been beat to death.
Durability, you'll want Cermaic Coating for years of hydophobicity and ease of washing. Shine is debatable, but I love Opti's hyper coat. Last Coat, F11, and all the Si02 sprays are over priced sealants.

Bambikiller

Reaction score
I know you mean well but this topic has been beat to death.
Durability, you'll want Cermaic Coating for years of hydophobicity and ease of washing. Shine is debatable, but I love Opti's hyper coat. Last Coat, F11, and all the Si02 sprays are over priced sealants.

Thanks for the response , if it’s been beat to death don’t answer if it upsets your day . Just move on . Someone else will answer . Happens on every forum regardless of the topic .

Clean19

Reaction score
Thanks for the response , if it’s been beat to death don’t answer if it upsets your day . Just move on . Someone else will answer . Happens on every forum regardless of the topic .

I doesn't upset me, I just wanted to provide some context and beat someone to the punch of " use the search button " type of reply. There's probably 40 members here who have coated their truck, that's going to be your best best, and least cost effective because such.

Bambikiller

Reaction score
I doesn't upset me, I just wanted to provide some context and beat someone to the punch of " use the search button " type of reply. There's probably 40 members here who have coated their truck, that's going to be your best best, and least cost effective because such.

I’ve been a member on other forums for almost 20 years same questions get asked everyday . Someone always has to beat their chest as they had been here for a long time . And start off as you did . It’s all cool like I said if anyone else has an issue with it just don’t post it’s fine someone else will . Everyone started out on a forum as a newb and people often forget that

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve been a member on other forums for almost 20 years ....

.... Everyone started out on a forum as a newb and people often forget that

Well are you new to forums or not? The info is out there, and there are even specific forums JUST for that kind of content, regardless of vehicle brand, which does not matter when it comes to using the products. What do you want us to do, stop by and read you the forum content as a bedtime story?

Just searching "ceramic" in thread titles brings up 18 results.

Welcome to THIS forum, which is about the 5th gen Rams, and has tons of easily found content about trucks, caring for them, and other things.

I'll try to be helpful here too, these are some good threads to start with, but like mentioned, there's way more.

Also, what color is your truck? There was a good thread about caring for black especially

And finally, toss your truck details in your sig, super helpful when asking questions on this forum, seems like most people follow this method, and there's a thread out there somewhere somewhat informally asking that everyone does.

Last edited:

Caballonegro

Reaction score
I did 5 Coats of Ceramic coat, it is a easier spray on from Adam's polishes.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad forums are a place to locate help with all the fake reviews out there thanks for the help glad you stopped by!!!

Just yanking your chain. As you know, the wealth of info on a forum is historical. The better experienced approach is "I see X is popular here, any opinions on Y or Z". You'll get a much better response.

FWIW, Ceramic for the win! My neighbor bought a black truck a couple weeks before I bought my black Ram. I've seen him wash that truck every week all the while he always says to me, your truck always looks clean. I wash my truck maybe once a month. Less than my last Ram that was Max Steel and when I do wash it, it's fast as it's simply a wash and dry. When dry, it feels as slick as I just clay barred and waxed.

Clean19

Reaction score
Just yanking your chain. As you know, the wealth of info on a forum is historical. The better experienced approach is "I see X is popular here, any opinions on Y or Z". You'll get a much better response.

FWIW, Ceramic for the win! My neighbor bought a black truck a couple weeks before I bought my black Ram. I've seen him wash that truck every week all the while he always says to me, your truck always looks clean. I wash my truck maybe once a month. Less than my last Ram that was Max Steel and when I do wash it, it's fast as it's simply a wash and dry. When dry, it feels as slick as I just clay barred and waxed.
THIS. There is no comparison to a true ceramic coating. Open a 30ml bottle of ceramic in your garage. If you got back 4 days later, it's not longer a liquid but a solid. If you actually seek to understand the chemistry and the application of the products, you'll never buy another spray ceramic or spray si02 again for anything other than a drying agent.

Users who are viewing this thread