5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wax? Detail Polish?

RadRebel19

Reaction score
Was wondering if there were any highly recommended spray wax or detailer. Wasooking into f11 but i see alot of stuff saying its way over priced and isn't worth the money .

Deriggs007

Reaction score
It depends on what you’re looking for.

A quick detailer, they’re all about the same. P&s beadmaker is like a quick detailer and sealant and has great reviews. I would stick to that if you are looking for an all in one.

If you’re looking into multiple products, you can go through many different options catered to your truck.

For example. I love CG black light just because it’s a semi polish and compound in one . Great for new vehicles to keep micro scratches away and enhance the look of the vehicle. Once that’s buffed in, you can use a sealant on top to lock the effects for several months or even use a ceramic spray. It’s not as full ceramic. But if you’re out there just using a detail spray, might as well use something has some lasting properties

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been using mother's cmx. Easy to apply. Truck stays shiny (when clean).

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Tried beadmaker want impressed, it’s alright, not worth the hype. Currently trying out the last coat, will see how it goes. Already have ceramic coating, so not sure why I even bother and spend unnecessary money and time.

Man you got me thinking !!

mel_sanchez

Reaction score
I was a fan of adding wax when my car was still new but I got tired of it since it did not really last long. I would reco coatings.

cw_mi

Reaction score
I've tried a few things on my truck. I first did a coat of Sonax Polymer Netshield. It seems to work nice, we will see how long it lasts. Now with that done after I wash and dry the truck I used Gtechnique quick detailer. It looked really good, had a nice deep gloss. This past weekend , instead of the GTECH stuff, I used Meguiars Ultimate fast and finish. Wow, I was really impressed with this product. It was quite a bit glossier than with the GTECH product. It is supposed to rain today, can't go more than a couple of days with the truck clean it seems, so I'll see how well it does after the rain.

dsn112

Reaction score
Gyeon Wetcoat has always been my go to for big vehicles like a full size truck. Spray a panel, rinse it off. Its great and will last 5-8 months easy.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Tried beadmaker want impressed, it’s alright, not worth the hype. Currently trying out the last coat, will see how it goes. Already have ceramic coating, so not sure why I even bother and spend unnecessary money and time.

Man you got me thinking !!

Beadmaker won't help when you have ceramic since the point of beadmaker is already what the ceramic does. It's a hybrid solution to add on top of wax and then sealents. lol

RadRebel19

Reaction score
Has anyone tried f11, produxa, dual polymer? There seems to be a ton of these some that are pretty pricey. I don't have a problem with the price if its worth it. Looking for feedback on some of these products as i would like to order one and get it applied.

RebelMike

Reaction score
I have used Dual Polymer. It does a nice job of deepening your color. It's really easy to apply, wipe on, wipe off. I'm not impressed with the protection it gives you though. It lasts about two weeks or so, and then really needs to be reapplied. I have used other cheaper products that protect just as long.

RadRebel19

Reaction score
The Last Coat brand seems to get alot of positive reviews. Would really like to have it ceramic coated!

Glenn54

Reaction score
Those dang love bugs are out in Texas. I hope to pick up my Laramie in about a week and would like to spray some kind of protectant on before I drive it off the lot. Any recommendations?

mhb1638

Reaction score
f11 is pure garbage and I'll never use that **** ever again. Produxa is pure gold, have it on my sons truck, my chally, and I use it as a booster on my ceramic coated 2019 Ram. Stuff works really well. Out of all the spray on hype shenagins out there, this is the best. And also stay away from Macguirers Hybris ceramic as well...works great for about a month.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Was wondering if there were any highly recommended spray wax or detailer. Wasooking into f11 but i see alot of stuff saying its way over priced and isn't worth the money .
btw if you notice all the "positive" reviews on facebook is because if you say ANYTHING negative, Topcoat will delete and block your name from commenting. pure biased advertising 101.

Saints

Reaction score
You should put a sealant down for longer lasting protection if you don’t want to do a ceramic coating. I like Menzerna Powerlock as it lasts longer than anything I’ve ever tried. Sonax Polymer Net Shield is also very good and easier to apply than Powerlock, but doesn’t last quite as long. After your sealant you can use a spray on while the car is wet and hose off to prolong the sealant and increase hydrophobic properties. CarPro Hydro2 is really, really good or Hydro2 lite is ready to spray without diluting. Sonax spray and seal is also good, but more pricey.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So Topcoat F11 seems like they don't offer much of a customer money back guarantee whereas The Last Coat offers a 365 day guarantee. And if Topcoat F11 blocks out negative comments, sounds like its all about selling and making money and not happy customers. hmmmmmm. Has anyone tried out The Last Coat? The Youtube videos seem to show that you can wash with car soap and not wash it away like the Topcoat F11. Lots of products on market that are similar.

Last edited:

Deriggs007

Reaction score
So Topcoat F11 seems like they don't offer much of a customer money back guarantee whereas The Last Coat offers a 365 day guarantee. And if Topcoat F11 blocks out negative comments, sounds like its all about selling and making money and not happy customers. hmmmmmm. Has anyone tried out The Last Coat? The Youtube videos seem to show that you can wash with car soap and not wash it away like the Topcoat F11. Lots of products on market that are similar.

They are all pretty much quick detailers or small sealants. Stay away from them. If you want to really give your truck a good shine, but don't want to go through a lot of work or the lenghty process of polishing etc.

Pick up Wolfgang's Sealant or Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant. Wolfgang is better for multi-colors and still good on black. Wet Diamond is also good on multiple-colors but brings out the black on RAMS's better as it's better with metallic type paint and makes those diamonds pop more than wolfgang.

Both are top tier sealants that will last a decent while (without even waxing) and has great properties.

Users who are viewing this thread