5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wavy window glass

Reaction score
I just took delivery of my 2022 Laramie on Friday. Driving it over the weekend, I noticed that the front passenger window has a wavy appearance, similar to the windows in an old house. It's harder to tell when you are sitting still, but once you are driving at higher speeds, you can see it distorting everything - it looks like there are waves moving along the ground.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm assuming this is not normal, as none of my other vehicles have ever had it, and I can't see it through any of the other windows, at least not from the driver's seat.

jkm312

Reaction score
Do you wear glasses? Are they polarized? If you sat on the right side and another person was driving the truck (gasp!), do you see the wavy pattern? Just asking some questions to think about.

Reaction score
Follow up in case anyone else has this problem: my dealer sent pictures to Ram and is going to get the window replaced under warranty. If you look at the glass at a sharp angle, you can even more easily see that the glass was formed incorrectly. The problem was apparent with or without glasses, but was even more noticeable with polarized sunglasses on.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just took delivery of my 2022 Laramie on Friday. Driving it over the weekend, I noticed that the front passenger window has a wavy appearance, similar to the windows in an old house. It's harder to tell when you are sitting still, but once you are driving at higher speeds, you can see it distorting everything - it looks like there are waves moving along the ground.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm assuming this is not normal, as none of my other vehicles have ever had it, and I can't see it through any of the other windows, at least not from the driver's seat.
I have this problem with both of my front windows. The have a wavy look to them and distort the view on both sides of the truck. It is very noticeable and especially d distracting in the area above the driver's side mirror and forward to the door frame.
20220713_204111.jpg

20220713_204102.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The 2002 Volvo I bought for my kids school car, has a defect in the factory windsheild. It's on passenger side, but very noticeable to me. Too late to get it replaced. It happens, just report it under warranty and it will be replaced.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have this problem with both of my front windows. The have a wavy look to them and distort the view on both sides of the truck. It is very noticeable and especially d distracting in the area above the driver's side mirror and forward to the door frame.
View attachment 138889

View attachment 138890
My old house has float glass that is about that wavy. I'd expect better in a modern vehicle. Complain while it's under warranty, maybe they'll fix it.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And you haven't taken it to dealer to get fixed?
I had a Cadillac CTS-V Coupe in 2011 that I got as soon as it came out. The rear window had the same problem. They changed it twice. Each one was just as bad as the last. Finally when the dealer had some stock of they cars, we could see that each one had the same issue. No matter how many times it was changed, it wouldn't get any better unless GM changed the design/spec and/or supplier. I wasn't sure if this was going to be the same for Ram these windows.

JRW323

Reaction score
2022 Ram Bighorn. Passenger window is super distorted. When the truck is moving and you look at text, it become very apparent. I thought it was maybe the dealer tint. But I'm hearing more stories like this now. Will have the dealer looking at this soon.

Users who are viewing this thread