5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waterproofing MFT, rambox, and Diamondback cover

RAMTrkGN

Reaction score
I just installed the Diamondback SE on 2021 1500 with rambox and MFT. The cover is tough, secure. However, there are two large gaps on either side where the cover, the tailgate, and the rambox meet. Does anyone have a good way to seal these gaps?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RAMTrkGN

Reaction score
Passenger side
ec48fa6f26cccddefcb6b12599de236a.jpg

zj4x4

Reaction score
Interesting, my Lomax came with little flaps which somewhat help. I'm considering upgrading to the Diamondback so this is good info. I wonder if you can get replacement flaps from Lomax (or Weathertech, who OEMs the Lomax cover).

1621438000232.png

zj4x4

Reaction score
BTW - if you have pics I'd love to see them. It looks like you and I have the same color trucks.

stronbl

Reaction score
I just installed the Diamondback SE on 2021 1500 with rambox and MFT. The cover is tough, secure. However, there are two large gaps on either side where the cover, the tailgate, and the rambox meet. Does anyone have a good way to seal these gaps?

If you have not already done so, you might call the folks at Diamondback covers. I have a Ram 1500 with MFT and no Rambox so I can't really help, but I talked the the Diamondback folks and they really seemed keen to help me resolve my issue. They have some other weather stripping materials on hand which may be of help. Could be worth a phone call and your pics. Good luck!

RAMTrkGN

Reaction score
If you have not already done so, you might call the folks at Diamondback covers. I have a Ram 1500 with MFT and no Rambox so I can't really help, but I talked the the Diamondback folks and they really seemed keen to help me resolve my issue. They have some other weather stripping materials on hand which may be of help. Could be worth a phone call and your pics. Good luck!
Great idea!

Zeeya

Reaction score
We guys have been working on this a while. We all have a little bit different material, but basically work towards the same goal. Keeping as much water out of the bed as possible. It seems like I have tried everything, but I know there are some more ideas coming in with the fresh group of eyes looking at it. My set up and so far has held up since around 8/19 and working in the heat of W Texas. I ended up taking some small pieces of black gorilla tape and covering the holes by the hooks for securing loads to keep dust and sand out.
IMG_9050.jpg IMG_9059.jpg

Bighamspam

Reaction score
I have exactly the same setup: DB cover on 1500 with ramboxes and MFTG. I used this from amazon and it fills in the space fairly well.

Do you mind telling me specifically which truck bed cover you have? I am trying to surprise my husband with a cover for his 2021 RAM with Ramboxes. But I’m having a hard time. Thank you

Whodeysrt

Reaction score
Got the pearl and cover as well!

Attachments

• 6F897505-C7FD-4BEB-BC0F-40C253A4FFA6.jpeg
    6F897505-C7FD-4BEB-BC0F-40C253A4FFA6.jpeg
    194.7 KB · Views: 64

WilburNJ

Reaction score
Do you mind telling me specifically which truck bed cover you have? I am trying to surprise my husband with a cover for his 2021 RAM with Ramboxes. But I’m having a hard time. Thank you
Here’s the version I bought: https://diamondbackcovers.com/products/diamondback-hd-dodge-ram-1500-w-rambox?variant=32674437038179

This is the HD (heavy duty) version. There’s an SE version as well, which is less expensive and is meant for lower loads.

It took about 4 weeks (I think) to receive it after ordering.

Good luck!

dajogejr

Reaction score
This works great: Amazon.com

I used most of the weatherstripping designed for the bottom of the tailgate to augment the shims that Diamondback provides along the top and the square piece to fill those gaps between the rambox and the tailgate. There's still a little moisture but it appears to be condensation more than any rain getting in.
That’s the kit I bought too, but I’m going to wait for a nice sunny warm day to clean and install on my truck.
Report back once that weather gets here.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread