5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water swooshing noise

MrDJ71

Reaction score
Why do I hear a water swooshing noise when I stop, at first I thought it was the fuel tank, however, I have full tank. We had several days of rain. I doubt have a cover on the back, however I do have a spayed bed liner. Any help would be appreciated, 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Yep. Start with the cowl drain. If you have a bunch of leaves or pine needles, water could be running down the windshield and piling up. Second thing to check is the evaporator drain. Lots of rain means high humidity, could be lots of condensation there under dash..

MrDJ71

Reaction score
Well, after taking my truck to the dealership twice, we finally figured it out. It turned out to be water in the step rails. We drilled a small hole on each end and watched the water drain.

MrDJ71

Reaction score
That's new. Did you park in a pond?
You would think, I suppose the frequent trips to the carwash, but still, Dodge should have made pre-drilled holes to allow draining or a better seal where the black steps were placed. Nevertheless, glad it was fixed, now the next issue is the backup camera, sometimes it goes out or turns orange, after a couple of hours it goes back to normal. Any ideas?

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
You would think, I suppose the frequent trips to the carwash, but still, Dodge should have made pre-drilled holes to allow draining or a better seal where the black steps were placed. Nevertheless, glad it was fixed, now the next issue is the backup camera, sometimes it goes out or turns orange, after a couple of hours it goes back to normal. Any ideas?
I can't believe what Dodge charges for step rails and you can buy better quality rails like from RealTruck.com or Americantrucks.com for a hell of a lot less money and put them on yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread