5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water stain... third brake light

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So the rubber gasket you purchased on Amazon was specific to the 2021 ram? I tried looking but wasn’t able to find anything. Thanks I’m advance.
No, it's not specific to the RAM, but it's just a rubber gasket you can use and apply to your 3rd brake light. I have not had any issues in my truck (knock on wood) since installing when I first got the truck.

rocketsk8s555

Reaction score
the "new" gasket does in fact still absorb water. You need to swap to a true rubber style gasket. I did this first thing when I got my 2021 and have had zero leak issues even in the Florida thunderstorms. I believe it was 10$ on Amazon and about 15 minutes of my time swapping it out.
Have a link?

rocketsk8s555

Reaction score

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just did this on my dad's new 2022. Kept the top gasket that is now included on 2021+, but switched out the main gasket. Went smoother this time than when I did my 2020 almost two years ago, but still took a long time to get all the old glue off.

gwatt86

Reaction score
Do you have to glue the new gasket on the light or does it have sticky adhesive?

Users who are viewing this thread