5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water pooling on Truxedo LoPro.

JW_RamSport

Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem with this or other soft rollup? Definitely would not have purchased if I saw this mentioned in any review. 20201123_064934.jpg 20201123_064949.jpg

hydrant328

Reaction score
I have an access "original roll-up" on a 5.7" with the multi tailgate. Just went through TS Eta and had no pooling what so ever.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, not on mine. Haven't seen pooling in the year I've had the cover. I do have the rambox version though, and it's not as wide as yours. The rigid bows are supposed to keep that from happening. Are those bent or damaged in any way?

rws1944

Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem with this or other soft rollup? Definitely would not have purchased if I saw this mentioned in any review. View attachment 74671 View attachment 74672
I have the same product and the same problem. I don't worry about it much as it will get only so deep and sheds off when moving out of the driveway. I would worry if it leaked into the bed but that has not happened.

JW_RamSport

Reaction score
Nope, not on mine. Haven't seen pooling in the year I've had the cover. I do have the rambox version though, and it's not as wide as yours. The rigid bows are supposed to keep that from happening. Are those bent or damaged in any way?
No. They are perfectly straight.

JW_RamSport

Reaction score
I have the same product and the same problem. I don't worry about it much as it will get only so deep and sheds off when moving out of the driveway. I would worry if it leaked into the bed but that has not happened.
If I back up, the water tends o go over the front with no issues. Pulling foward,though, and it pours over the tailgate and gets some water inside. Looking into a rigid cover at this point.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same cover for about a month now and have not noticed that happening. Rainy here and I just took a look...no pooling. Maybe the install leveling is off just a bit?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same cover without ram boxes. Never had any pooling occur on mine since I've owned it 2+ years.

JW_RamSport

Reaction score
I have the same cover for about a month now and have not noticed that happening. Rainy here and I just took a look...no pooling. Maybe the install leveling is off just a bit?
Only heavy rain seems to do it. It's on correctly and I pull it pretty tight on the sides after opening. Apparently truxedo says its normal : 20201123_122959.jpg

Rick J

Reaction score
Here's a picture of mine on a 6' 4" box. Raining when I took the picture. I didn't have any pooling on my previous low pro even after 9 years. Is it possible that you don't have yours 20201123_074609 (Large).jpg stretched tight enough. It is an easy adjustment.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Put a little more tension on the rear adjusters and have you put any 303 protectant on it or anything hydrophobic! We have snow here now but I never had any pooling with rain last summer but the 303 will make water roll off more if that makes sense like beading after a wax water just moves more.
good luck

rws1944

Reaction score
If I back up, the water tends o go over the front with no issues. Pulling foward,though, and it pours over the tailgate and gets some water inside. Looking into a rigid cover at this point.
I noticed from your pictures that you have open stake holes in the back. I have stake hole plugs like in the picture from Rick J above. No water in the bed at all even when the pooled water sloughs off over the tail gate. Also, I assume the rubber gasket on the cover is on top of the tail gate when closed and not stuck between the cover and tail gate.

Rick J

Reaction score
I noticed from your pictures that you have open stake holes in the back. I have stake hole plugs like in the picture from Rick J above. No water in the bed at all even when the pooled water sloughs off over the tail gate. Also, I assume the rubber gasket on the cover is on top of the tail gate when closed and not stuck between the cover and tail gate.
According to the owner's manual the seal should be between the tailgate and the cover. That's how I've always done it without any problem. Capture.JPG

rws1944

Reaction score
Interesting. I replaced the OEM tailgate liner with a weather tech liner and found the tailgate was difficult to close unless the tailgate was closed first so the header seal was on top of tailgate. Also, my addled brain came to the conclusion that if the seal was not on top of the tailgate water would be free to flow down the inside of the tailgate. Mind you, this was surmised after several glass of adult beverages were consumed. The end result for me was that closing the tailgate first worked best with the weather tech tailgate liner installed. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Users who are viewing this thread