5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water Leak - Driver Side Floor

Smokediver169

Reaction score
Hey all,

After browsing what seemed like forever trying to diagnose an abundance of water underneath my driver's side floor mat, I finally had enough time to take the floor assembly up, and take a look. I ended up allowing water to flow from above the A-post with a garden hose, and watched it run down the windshield, and drain out as it should.

I then waited while having the floor assembly apart and dry, with the carpet, foam layer, and bottom insulation all removed. I noticed the water had again started pooling in the floor pan again, pretty rapidly. I was able to trace this back up several inches, to a small gap in the weld of the frame. I could see drops of water entering trough, following the rail down, and pooling just below the wiring harness assembly. I've attached several pictures below to show what I found.

I had already set up a dealer appointment to have the leak fixed, but now I have an area to show them. I have an appointment set up for this Friday, and have placed some Flex Tape over the area to see if it can hold me over until my appointment, as were supposed to get some crappy weather here for next few days. I plan on updating as I go along. I appreciate the help of the other authors. Thanks.

-E

2020 Ram Crew Cab Laramie
09-19 Build Date

Attachments

• IMG_0846_LI.jpg
    IMG_0846_LI.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0847_LI.jpg
    IMG_0847_LI.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0848_LI.jpg
    IMG_0848_LI.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0850_LI.jpg
    IMG_0850_LI.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0852.jpg
    IMG_0852.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 130

gseroka1

Reaction score
Hey all,

After browsing what seemed like forever trying to diagnose an abundance of water underneath my driver's side floor mat, I finally had enough time to take the floor assembly up, and take a look. I ended up allowing water to flow from above the A-post with a garden hose, and watched it run down the windshield, and drain out as it should.

I then waited while having the floor assembly apart and dry, with the carpet, foam layer, and bottom insulation all removed. I noticed the water had again started pooling in the floor pan again, pretty rapidly. I was able to trace this back up several inches, to a small gap in the weld of the frame. I could see drops of water entering trough, following the rail down, and pooling just below the wiring harness assembly. I've attached several pictures below to show what I found.

I had already set up a dealer appointment to have the leak fixed, but now I have an area to show them. I have an appointment set up for this Friday, and have placed some Flex Tape over the area to see if it can hold me over until my appointment, as were supposed to get some crappy weather here for next few days. I plan on updating as I go along. I appreciate the help of the other authors. Thanks.

-E

09-19 Build Date
roof seam leaking down onto the floor through the sheet metal of the vehicle

Smerberj

Reaction score
Was this your only problem? I have addressed this issue along with the fender weld issue and my truck still leaks... About to lemon law this FCA piece of junk.

gseroka1

Reaction score
Hey all,

-E

09-19 Build Date
It is probably the a pillar seam at the top of the windshield area undeneath the molding. Try taking the a pillar trim off and water test to see if it is dripping from the seam up top

Mike1975

Reaction score
It is probably the a pillar seam at the top of the windshield area undeneath the molding. Try taking the a pillar trim off and water test to see if it is dripping from the seam up top
Please keep me updated, I have the same problem on my 2020 1500 4x4 Laramie. There is a TSB I found that I will attach. In it they are suppose to take off the fender which I'm very nervous about. The truck only has 3200 miles and I just made the first payment so frustrating.

Attachments

• RF.pdf
    351.9 KB · Views: 25

gseroka1

Reaction score
Please keep me updated, I have the same problem on my 2020 1500 4x4 Laramie. There is a TSB I found that I will attach. In it they are suppose to take off the fender which I'm very nervous about. The truck only has 3200 miles and I just made the first payment so frustrating.

I would take the trim piece off at the a pillar and see if its dripping from there before ripping off the whole inner fender. Because then you can just seal the seam at the top of the windshield.

Users who are viewing this thread