5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water inside door

dvartin

Reaction score
I am installing passive entry on my 2023 Rebel 1500 and in the process of dissembling driver side door I found some residual water at the bottom of my door speaker. I looked everywhere to find the source but no luck. Did anyone run into this issue and were you able to find the root cause?

Attachments

• IMG_5187.jpeg
    IMG_5187.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5188.jpeg
    IMG_5188.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5189.jpeg
    IMG_5189.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5190.jpeg
    IMG_5190.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 29

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The inside of the door is NOT sealed against outside water intrusion. The window sweep on the outside is not to prevent water from getting, but larger debris. That's why there's a vapor barrier on the inside of the door, to keep water from getting into the cabin from the door.

This moisture is not an issue and is expected. I would assume that anybody checking inside their doors after a heavy rain will find the inside of the door to be wet. That's why there's drain holes at the bottom of the door skin to allow water to drain.

Ford has an issue with the F150 that the bottom curve of the door is almost horizontal, so debris would get past the outer sweeps, and clog the lower drain holes, allowing water to fill up the door. There are many posts on the F150 forums with doors half full of water.

dvartin

Reaction score
The inside of the door is NOT sealed against outside water intrusion. The window sweep on the outside is not to prevent water from getting, but larger debris. That's why there's a vapor barrier on the inside of the door, to keep water from getting into the cabin from the door.

This moisture is not an issue and is expected. I would assume that anybody checking inside their doors after a heavy rain will find the inside of the door to be wet. That's why there's drain holes at the bottom of the door skin to allow water to drain.

Ford has an issue with the F150 that the bottom curve of the door is almost horizontal, so debris would get past the outer sweeps, and clog the lower drain holes, allowing water to fill up the door. There are many posts on the F150 forums with doors half full of water.
Very helpful, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread