5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water damage?

eye exaggerate

Reaction score
I have the cracked rear window frame that many here have posted about and today I noticed something on the middle seat. I know that they can hold a shape for a bit but nothing’s been pressed to it, and so I suspect that this is water damage. Pretty much the right idea?

Attachments

• 01196D6E-FF18-4C45-9A5C-FCC1B593032D.jpeg
    01196D6E-FF18-4C45-9A5C-FCC1B593032D.jpeg
    282.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Sad
Reactions: c3k

Surfwooder

Reaction score
Hi, Sorry to hear about your water damage. Seems the problem of the rear cab window is consistent through the entire line of trucks. My 2019 Ram Limited Crew Cab, with sliding rear window did the exact same thing. I took it the local Dealer here in Concord, NH. The truck had a total electrical meltdown in a grocery store lot. It would not start, acted like a completely dead battery. The truck was still in warranty, but near the end. The dealer did find a problem. The dealer said the truck had been flooded, meaning the cab had been under water. This would have cancelled the warranty. They said the water had gotten into several modules that created the original problem. We did buy the truck used, from a Ford Dealer in Mandeville, La, (near New Orleans). My wife, who is a lawyer, licensed in Louisiana, took on the local dealer, and Ram, in Detroit, Mi. After many calls to Ram Customer Service, the local dealer found the "real" problem, the leaking rear cab sliding window. Water had gotten into the rear carpet and storage area. Ram instructed the local dealer to fix the leaking window entirely on warranty. The truck was repaired, carpet cleaned and finally returned to us. Now, I'm working with same dealer about the non functioning Panoramic Sun Roof. The truck has been back to them 3 times so far for the same sun roof problem. The Dealer has collected from me $135.00 troubleshooting fee. Seems the problem is beyond their ability. They have to keep contacting Ram Engineering for troubleshooting suggestions. Now they think the problem is in a module in the headliner. The headliner in my truck is black, and does not show any water damage. My suggestion to you is take photos of the window, seat damage, and any carpet damage in the rear. Contact Ram Customer Service, and proceed from there.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi, Sorry to hear about your water damage. Seems the problem of the rear cab window is consistent through the entire line of trucks. My 2019 Ram Limited Crew Cab, with sliding rear window did the exact same thing. I took it the local Dealer here in Concord, NH. The truck had a total electrical meltdown in a grocery store lot. It would not start, acted like a completely dead battery. The truck was still in warranty, but near the end. The dealer did find a problem. The dealer said the truck had been flooded, meaning the cab had been under water. This would have cancelled the warranty. They said the water had gotten into several modules that created the original problem. We did buy the truck used, from a Ford Dealer in Mandeville, La, (near New Orleans). My wife, who is a lawyer, licensed in Louisiana, took on the local dealer, and Ram, in Detroit, Mi. After many calls to Ram Customer Service, the local dealer found the "real" problem, the leaking rear cab sliding window. Water had gotten into the rear carpet and storage area. Ram instructed the local dealer to fix the leaking window entirely on warranty. The truck was repaired, carpet cleaned and finally returned to us. Now, I'm working with same dealer about the non functioning Panoramic Sun Roof. The truck has been back to them 3 times so far for the same sun roof problem. The Dealer has collected from me $135.00 troubleshooting fee. Seems the problem is beyond their ability. They have to keep contacting Ram Engineering for troubleshooting suggestions. Now they think the problem is in a module in the headliner. The headliner in my truck is black, and does not show any water damage. My suggestion to you is take photos of the window, seat damage, and any carpet damage in the rear. Contact Ram Customer Service, and proceed from there.
sounds like you need to find a new dealer. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to diagnosis and fix a sunroof problem. A panoramic roof is a module, motor, guide rails with glass, that's it.

eye exaggerate

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, they’re working on getting parts. I have to dry out the back seat area before they can assess damage to the seats / electrical in the seats. It would’ve been difficult to deny this:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread