5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

water crossing - is it smart and worth?

JustMe

Reaction score
I'm planing a trip where everyone would have to do the water crossing like in this video. It seems like everyone could do it, but is it really worth? What is the risk? To avoid it I would have to drive many miles in a different direction. From what I read I'm risking of some long term slow engine damage and water getting into transmission and in some other places. That seems like way too much for a regular weekend trip in a new fancy track.
Personally . . . I tend toward enviro-eco Friendly Decisions and ONLY do a Water Crossing if necessary to get to my destination ! That Crossing MUST be Legal / Authorized - meaning there is an Obvious Trail to get to ! AND I NEVER drive DOWN a WASH or STREAM or Other Body of water that its Ecosystem would be damaged !
Water Crossings are intended to be "Crossings" NOT endlessly running WITH or against any Current Flow . Imagine if it were Spawning season . . . the Damage Done to the aquatic life and the Fisheries would take years to undo WITH mans help ! I have a Fisheries background so I have a good understanding of Moving & Still-Water ecosystems .
Some may think it "FUN" but all these irresponsible actions have Consequences (for all) . that's my take and I'm not here criticizing YOU or the Video Participants on a Personal Level -- just wish folks would take into account the ramifications of their actions BEFORE they take to doing some of these things -- wether it is deemed "ok" or not .
Even if it is a seasonal "WASH" this video seems to indicate a wildlife Habitat is present (grassland surroundings) .
That's my educated opinion . IF a situation arose that violated statutes and I were in a legal position to stop it, I WOULD .

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not sure how good the Rams door seals are but I wouldn't try anything deep enough to test them out.
It's not the door seals that worry me, it's the firewall plugs by the pedals. They are barely held in place at all on my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread