5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water collects under the grille

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Under the grille on my '24 there is a trough area the full width without a drain hole. Water just fills this area up. Ideas ?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I use a leaf blower to blow it out or just drive down the block and back.
I use a leaf blower also. It's crazy how much water builds up there lol. Even if a leaf blower it takes several passes to get it empty.
I wonder if a drain hole could be added, or if the plastic trim is too close to the bumper to matter.

I had to add my own drain holes under my battery because there was a pool of water and ice during the winter just sitting there with 0 drain holes. With all the leaks and lack of drain holes in these trucks have you would think Ram never thought they would get wet.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Yes, the leaf blower is how i first found the issue. Surprised me how wet i got when it all blasted out of there :)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Under the grille on my '24 there is a trough area the full width without a drain hole. Water just fills this area up. Ideas ?
Drive and the wind will blow it out

Users who are viewing this thread