5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water collecting under hood emblems

rrroscoe

Reaction score
Does anybody else hate the water that collects under the hood emblems after washing, and it takes forever to drip out? I even use my leaf blower to remove it, but it still doesn’t get it all. I got some black welting and ran it around the gap. It matches the plastic perfectly. Gonna give it a shot and will see what happens.

1415857C-3719-4E90-A905-115808DE1049.jpeg EA9BFB8D-3875-4259-84B1-17AEE2DEBE83.jpeg AA29C3AA-4376-4100-A1CA-4453B5A978BB.jpeg

smitty14

Reaction score
Let us know how it works out!! It’s something that irritates me but I’ve grown to live with it so far

SacRebel

Reaction score
I blow them out with a DeWalt hand-blower after I wash the truck.

leaf-blower-18v-xr.jpg

rrroscoe

Reaction score
I blow them out with a DeWalt hand-blower after I wash the truck.

I also do that when I wash by had. Works great on the mirrors, gas door, door handles, wheels, emblems......
But in Michigan winters, the drips freeze before I can get to them!

rrroscoe

Reaction score

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I will definitely bring this to my detainers attention, thank you for posting about it.

Zeeya

Reaction score
This drives me nuts as well. Usually raise the hood after drying it and dry off the rest of the truck.

Sdot

Reaction score
Awesome! At my drive thru wash it always leaves some of the liquid soap residue in the emblems and faux vents. So then I have to pull into the manual bays to rinse the soap out, then lift the hood and let it drain, then use a sponge to get the remaining water that leaks out. So my only question is where does the water that usually pools go? Wouldn’t this trap the water in the emblems along with (in my problem) the liquid soap? Thanks!

rrroscoe

Reaction score
Awesome! At my drive thru wash it always leaves some of the liquid soap residue in the emblems and faux vents. So then I have to pull into the manual bays to rinse the soap out, then lift the hood and let it drain, then use a sponge to get the remaining water that leaks out. So my only question is where does the water that usually pools go? Wouldn’t this trap the water in the emblems along with (in my problem) the liquid soap? Thanks!
I don’t have an issue with soap residue in the emblems or vents. May just be how effective the blowers are in the car wash. The welting stops the water from getting under the plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online