5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water Bottle Storage Hack?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well yes, I could use any of my other bottles and not have this first world problem. But but but but I just HAD to have this smart bottle (an athlete and their money are easily parted) so I wanna be able to track my water consumption ALL THE TIME!
ah
i had no idea what kind of bottle it is lol
picture never attached

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
I mean I have CAD software and a 3D printer or two... Are you looking for something that goes into the center console or the door jamb? I could possibly fab something up. The only downside is it won't be universal like most of the stuff you'll find on Amazon, it would be custom to the water bottle it's made for.

Have you tried removing the rubber insert in the center console to see if it fits there?
So, I’ll show my ignorance

I didn’t want to try too hard and fear of damaging it, but are you saying that this insert comes out? And if so, it’s possible that the bottle might fit in there?

Certainly not opposed to a custom, 3-D print, and in fact, if there’s a file out there already, I do have a friend that could probably print it for me.

Attachments

• IMG_6216.jpeg
    IMG_6216.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 53

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I didn’t want to try too hard and fear of damaging it, but are you saying that this insert comes out? And if so, it’s possible that the bottle might fit in there?

Certainly not opposed to a custom, 3-D print, and in fact, if there’s a file out there already, I do have a friend that could probably print it for me.
Flip it upside down in the cup holder.
Works for me on a similar Nalgene.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Posted without being in the truck. I thought you could pull it out like you can the one in the back of the console. Looks like you have to take the top piece of plastic off of the slider to access it, so that's a pain.

Flipping it upside down looks like it might work, but if you don't want to do that give me the diameter or circumference of the bottle and I'll see what I can do.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Posted without being in the truck. I thought you could pull it out like you can the one in the back of the console. Looks like you have to take the top piece of plastic off of the slider to access it, so that's a pain.

Flipping it upside down looks like it might work, but if you don't want to do that give me the diameter or circumference of the bottle and I'll see what I can do.
Wait, the one on the back of the console slides out?

Does the insert in the back come out? I pulled on it gently, but was afraid to cause any damage without guidance.

Attachments

• IMG_0834.jpeg
    IMG_0834.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 16

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wait, the one on the back of the console slides out?

Does the insert in the back come out? I pulled on it gently, but was afraid to cause any damage without guidance.
The trim piece around it pops off pretty easily, then you can pull the rubber insert out. I've done this a few times to clean it cause the kids get stuff in there.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
The trim piece around it pops off pretty easily, then you can pull the rubber insert out. I've done this a few times to clean it cause the kids get stuff in there.
Ah. Yeah I'd be swapping bottles so much I think I'd rather explore a 3D design. If you PM your email address, I can send you some pix w/ measurements?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
i just buy cases of water and put them in the fridge that I have in the rear seats.
Take a few bottles out for long drives. Usually I drink water fast enough that they're still cold by the time I finish and ready for pee breaks lol
What fridge do you run back there?

Cocheese

Reaction score
I just put the foam bottle insert from the door in the middle of the center and it prevents mine from tipping over. There is enough room for my wife's 40 oz bottle too.

1691183692839.png

GMetal

Reaction score
If you can 3D print things check thingiverse or printables Printables <---link to a 40z hydro flask cup holder adapter.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just put away the little sissy bottles and get a man sized bottle. It will fit right in the console and not roll around.
water-1gal3885a.jpg

Note: do not use if you have 3.21 gears. It will bog the truck down and the driver will likely need help picking it up.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
If you can 3D print things check thingiverse or printables Printables <---link to a 40z hydro flask cup holder adapter.
I have a buddy that can. Is there one the 5th gen? I searched, nothing came up, but might be using the wrong terms. Looks like that one is for fourth gen.

GMetal

Reaction score
I have a buddy that can. Is there one the 5th gen? I searched, nothing came up, but might be using the wrong terms. Looks like that one is for fourth gen.
Id imagine the cupholder size is the same. Someone can modify the dimension on their slicer program before printing if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread