5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water Bottle Storage Hack?

RedBeard85

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I like to carry a large 40oz water bottle (see attached photo), however have not found a good way to keep it secure in the middle console. (definitely too big for cup holders) It kind of crashes around in there while making turns.

First Idea was to mount a magnet to the inside wall of the middle console but Im not sure how well it will hold and would rather not mount/adhere a magnet there. Another idea would be adhesive velcro on the bottle and the console, but not crazy about that idea either...

Does anyone have similar issue and found a solution/hack? This is the only thing my old Tundra did better, as the cup holders could fit a large bottle.

Minor issue but would appreciate any ideas or solutions.

Thanks

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I like to carry a large 40oz water bottle (see attached photo), however have not found a good way to keep it secure in the middle console. (definitely too big for cup holders) It kind of crashes around in there while making turns.

First Idea was to mount a magnet to the inside wall of the middle console but Im not sure how well it will hold and would rather not mount/adhere a magnet there. Another idea would be adhesive velcro on the bottle and the console, but not crazy about that idea either...

Does anyone have similar issue and found a solution/hack? This is the only thing my old Tundra did better, as the cup holders could fit a large bottle.

Thanks
I think you forgot to include your photo.

How attached are you to that specific water bottle? Just find one that will fit in the foam bottle holder that's in the door. Seems like a pretty easy problem to solve without modifying your truck, unless you absolutely have to use that particular bottle.

Amerinamese

Reaction score
I put mine in the middle console on the left side closest to me. It tips over when making left turns so I reach down and hold it while making left turns.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Gitter

Reaction score
You forgot your photo.

I have 40oz Hydroflasks and I found they fit in the door pocket (after I take out the foam insert there).

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Thanks
Get a camelbak water bladder.

RJS

Reaction score
Why not buy a 40 oz insulated tumbler. There are any number available and they are designed to fit the existing holders. Google will find a large number of them.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Get a 4" PVC pipe coupling and glue/screw/velcro/whatever it into the left front corner of the console. Keep it low enough that the lid can slide forward. Then just leave the lid open when the bottle is in there.
Or I just had a brainstorm: Save and cut down a 2l soda bottle, Even cheaper!

Pop's Ram

Reaction score
Amazon sells this (below). My wife bought one and uses it in our MH - I'm sure it fits in the truck too.

Krootz

Reaction score
That a good find! Didn’t know this existed

Gitter

Reaction score
Amazon sells this (below). My wife bought one and uses it in our MH - I'm sure it fits in the truck too.

I have used an adaptor like this in the past for my 40oz Hydro Flask. It works, but it will make your bottle sit pretty high. Basically, the bottom of the bottle will be above the top of the stock cupholder opening. I'm not sure I would want to chance a full Hydro Flask sitting that high in front of the 12" screen. If you have to slam on your brakes, the bottle has a good chance of cracking your screen.

Krootz

Reaction score
I’d put it on the ones behind the arm rest.

Papabear_08

Reaction score
Reviving this thread from the dead… I have this exact same issue. My girlfriend and I have the same 40 oz bottles and we stick them in the console for storage. It’s so annoying to have them roll or smack the console sides. I am thinking about making a rubber mold at the bottom to hold both bottles. It would be removable for cleaning of course. Picture the foam cup holder from the driver door bin but bigger and in the center console.
I just don’t know **** about rubber casting material. 😑

SacRebel

Reaction score
I take out the foam insert in the door and even then it barely fits at an angle. But until someone in this thread invents one it’s the best I’ve got.

Papabear_08

Reaction score
I take out the foam insert in the door and even then it barely fits at an angle. But until someone in this thread invents one it’s the best I’ve got.
After looking at how much RTV silicone molding kits cost, I might just do that as well. I wish I had a 3D printer right about now...

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i just buy cases of water and put them in the fridge that I have in the rear seats.
Take a few bottles out for long drives. Usually I drink water fast enough that they're still cold by the time I finish and ready for pee breaks lol

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
i just buy cases of water and put them in the fridge that I have in the rear seats.
Take a few bottles out for long drives. Usually I drink water fast enough that they're still cold by the time I finish and ready for pee breaks lol
Well yes, I could use any of my other bottles and not have this first world problem. But but but but I just HAD to have this smart bottle (an athlete and their money are easily parted) so I wanna be able to track my water consumption ALL THE TIME!

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I mean I have CAD software and a 3D printer or two... Are you looking for something that goes into the center console or the door jamb? I could possibly fab something up. The only downside is it won't be universal like most of the stuff you'll find on Amazon, it would be custom to the water bottle it's made for.

Have you tried removing the rubber insert in the center console to see if it fits there?

Users who are viewing this thread