5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Washing tips and product recommendations

Livinfast85

Reaction score
Thought I would do a post on products I use that do really well for me. And also some tips when washing your trucks. This is purely my opinion and what has worked best for me. Note that I work in the refineries and my truck gets VERY dirty inside and out.
So to start with when cleaning your interior, compressed air and a blow gun is your best friend if you have access to it! I always use it before doing anything including vacuuming. It will get 90% of the dirt out before you even start. After the air treatment I use Chemical Guys Total Interior cleaner. Not only is it not greasy but it does an awesome job of cleaning glass and leaving NO STREAKS! Second Meguiar's leather cleaner/ conditioner also does a great job for me on the seats and smells nice. And last, after I did my exterior wash I hit the truck with Shine Armor and was extremely impressed with it. It's also not greasy and works on EVERYTHING including the plastics. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Also if you have any other pointers feel free to chime in! 20190405_175418.jpg 20190405_175450.jpg 20190405_172048.jpg 20190405_172010.jpg 20190405_173854.jpg 20190405_173843.jpg 20190405_174859.jpg 20190405_174245.jpg

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
I just spend another 3 hours washing the truck, too tired to write anything but I will share what I use and my method later tonight, tomorrow. I still can’t use running water, so all my washes are rinseless so far, no scratches. I wash once a week. Dallas paint correction YT channel has some amazing tips to detail. Based on that channel I bought a harbor freight paint sprayer and using that as pre treatment. Amazing results.

bonebro

Reaction score
No it's just a 4x4 Laramie with a 3.5" readylift.
Looks awesome man! I’m debating a 5inch lift for my air susp
Has anyone tried the new meguiars ceramic wax??? I haven’t been able to try it yet due to the weather as of late.. BAFF3B9D-A7B8-4C27-A015-78DE93121EB4.jpeg

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Compressed air - nice. Depending on conditions inside the vehicle I use my leaf blower over the vacuum. Open all the doors and windows and let it rip. I let it settle down and dust off the interior.

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
I want to try the meguiars stuff, it looks legit. Just have to wait for this crap weather to die down in upstate ny 20190404_151232.jpg

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Just applied P&S beadmaker as a sacrificial layer, so far I am not impressed. They say it’s supposed to get better after the curing time... will see. Optimum OptiSeal have the same shine IMO

Trfnj74

Reaction score
I use Chemical Guys Honey Dew foaming wash with my pressure washer.

Followed by Chemical Guys After Wash Drying Agent with there Wooly Mammoth towels. These towels are fantastic!

Once dry I use Chemical Guys V07 quick spray detailer. This stuff works really well but I feel it's comparable to Maguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer.

For tire and wheels I use Chemical Guys Silk Shine Dressing and Signature Wheel Cleaner.

Interior.. I hate shinny and scented cleaners.. The Chemical Guys Nonsense Colorless and Odorless All Surface Cleaner. This stuff is great.

Glass.. Invisible Glass aerosol is the best auto glass cleaner I have ever used in my opinion!

Last edited:

Livinfast85

Reaction score
Compressed air - nice. Depending on conditions inside the vehicle I use my leaf blower over the vacuum. Open all the doors and windows and let it rip. I let it settle down and dust off the interior.
The compressed air does really well for getting dirt out of the carpet. I can clean my carpet in 1/4 the time or less using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/