5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Washing the truck.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They sell 4 cylinder Rangers.

Or buy the Honda "truck".
I have no issues with oil changes or washing the roof, it's funny reading these comments. 1st world problems I guess.
Washed my truck yesterday, roof and all, honestly, washing the wheel wells is a bigger pain than the roof but I just put the truck in OR2 then lower it to entry exit to get the roof.
Hate that Ram went cheap on the liners adding channels for ridgity, makes them more difficult to clean

Last edited:

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
I use this the AutoSpa RV Flow Thru Big-Brush Extension 67” from Walmart. I have had mine almost ten years. Walmart still sells the same one for about $23. It comes in handy for all kinds of stuff. For example, I clean my floor mats with it too instead of bending over.

Last edited:

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Just washed my truck roof and all this afternoon. It took minutes. Even shined the tires. Never even got out of the driver's seat. It was easy as magic!

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got one of these and put a longer extension pole on it. I also have a foam cannon and pressure washer.

Malodave

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Someday , someone will invent a drone that is capable of washing , rinsing, waxing et al on big rigs.

Some day, someone will invent a larger version of this. One that spins. They would do something insane crazy like mount multiples of these and have soapy water spray at your vehicle while a conveyor belt pulled it through these spinning foamy sponge like brushes. It would be insane cool if they made the soap smell good and had sprayers for the undercarriage and to rinse the soap. Maybe incorporate giant blow dryers to help dry you off too.

Well, enough fantasy land. Back to reality where we scrub at the truck with little foam pads on a stick.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
80% of the car washes in my area are hand wash. Full service (wash & vacuum), $12 for cars and $15 for large trucks/suvs. $2 extra for tire shines. It used to be $1. I only take my old cars there :ROFLMAO: not my Ram. I don't like that they use the same dirty towel to dry all hundred cars with, and the same dirty towel to wipe the interior with.

Users who are viewing this thread