5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Washing the truck.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Tried washing it once, man it was really tedious. Now I use "the little gadget"...and it always does a good job
Yep, if your up close, shining a light across my hood looking at tiny microscratches in the clearcoat. I assume you are up to no good. 5 feet away on a sunny day she looks good. Better than the owner! Haha!

The carwash does a truck good.

Last edited:

logboom

Reaction score
I put ceramic coating on, and have been going through a car wash for 19 months, and not even microscratches. Some washes may be more aggressive than others, but mine is fine.
Thank you!
I am strongly considering a ceramic coating and 2 doors down from me a guy has his own detail shop. Checking his credentials and reviews before contacting.

6of36

Reaction score
Thank you!
I am strongly considering a ceramic coating and 2 doors down from me a guy has his own detail shop. Checking his credentials and reviews before contacting.
It's an easy do it your self. Easier than waxing. You put it on the same, but it buffs easier.

knightro84

Reaction score
I extend the power steps when I wash (so that I can wash the steps as well) and can get the entire roof standing on them.

mynameisante

Reaction score
You can rent a helicopter so you can hang off and float above the truck to hit this hard to reach spots. Works for me every time

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i just gave up on the roof lol
I will rinse it and foam it and use the mitt to scrub whatever my arms can reach while standing on a stool, and that's it.
so you'll see there's a line in the middle about 4 - 5 inches wide going from the front of the roof all the way to the shark fin that's dirty.

It is what it is.

Reaction score
I would have been against this in the past, but too lazy at my nearly 50 year old body. I found a great car wash nearby, and have done it at least 10 times already, and the truck looks great, no damage or additional scratches that I can see. I just do the finish drying and spray wax.

I'm sure more micro scratches are happening, but after my truck gets old enough, I'll just invest in a good quality detail and paint correction, which I would need to do anyways even if I hand washed her.
i have mine ceramic coated, big difference

BowDown

Reaction score
Changing the oil/washing these trucks is a PITA, stupid engineers 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread