5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Washer Fluid use

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yikes! I didn’t know this. I just filled mine up with the all season fluid :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

look at the end of the second bullet.

Prestone® De-Icer Windshield Washer Fluid
Performance Chemicals PN: AS250
Overview

Instructions

Technology
Defy frozen vision with Prestone® De-Icer Windshield Washer Fluid.
  • Specially designed to improve winter driving visibility by quickly melting light ice and frost.
  • Prestone®’s advanced formula is streak and glare-free, and its -27°F (-33°C) deep freeze protection melts ice quickly, even in the most extreme winter conditions and is safe for rain-sensing windshield wipers.
  • AS250P is a low-VOC version of De-Icer, containing less than 23.5% VOCs, with a freeze point of 0°F (-18°C).

Bulldawg23

Reaction score

Prestone De-Icer Windshield Washer Fluid
Overview

Instructions

Technology
Defy frozen vision with Prestone De-Icer Windshield Washer Fluid.
  • Specially designed to improve winter driving visibility by quickly melting light ice and frost.
  • Prestone’s advanced formula is streak and glare-free, and its -27°F (-33°C) deep freeze protection melts ice quickly, even in the most extreme winter conditions and is safe for rain-sensing windshield wipers.
  • AS250P is a low-VOC version of De-Icer, containing less than 23.5% VOCs, with a freeze point of 0°F (-18°C).

Thanks! Makes me feel better about it. I was about to go drain all of it, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subic97

Reaction score
Straight from the factory with barely a 1/4 filled. Got mine new last week, got home looked under the hood and that’s the first thing I notice.

RunsWithBeer

Reaction score

Prestone® De-Icer Windshield Washer Fluid
Overview

Instructions

Technology
Defy frozen vision with Prestone® De-Icer Windshield Washer Fluid.
  • Prestone®’s advanced formula is streak and glare-free, and its -27°F (-33°C) deep freeze protection melts ice quickly, even in the most extreme winter conditions and is safe for rain-sensing windshield wipers.
I serve as the rain-sensor for my wipers and find that my rain-sensing ability may be negatively impacted by imbibing even low-VOC liquids.

U

User_3336

Speaking of that "FREE" tank of gas the dealer uses to fill your tank up when you buy a new truck.

You paid for it. In your DOC FEE mostly. If not that, they added a tank of gas to your final negotiated priced!! LOL

My washer fluid was not full in my jeep cherokee nor the RAM when I purchased it!

NEXT, they won't be putting spare tires on truck. All you'll get is a "tire repair kit".

jth877

Reaction score
I've noticed on my old 4th gen ram that when the wash fluid light comes on you can fit an exact gallon in the tank to refill it. I love that. So nice not having partial wiper fluid tanks hanging around in the garage or rolling around on the floor boards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/