5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was your lot truck a leftover from someone who ordered it in and didn't want it?

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had no idea till I saw on the top right hand side of the factory Mulroney (window sticker) that it was "built for so and so", which obviously wasn't me.

If I had known that I might have tried for a bit more off the price, since the dealer had possible gotten a non-refundable deposit. Maybe.

I'm not really big on posting pics but if someone thinks I'm making it up, I can get a photo.

BmoreStew

Reaction score
If anyone picks up a black 1500 from Don White’s, in MD, matching the description in my signature (other than the color obviously)... You’re good! I didn’t drive the thing or even sit in it. They ordered the wrong color. Enjoy!!!

2019REBEL

Reaction score
Nope ordered mine and it's got my name on it and came in 5 weeks after I ordered it.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
If anyone picks up a black 1500 from Don White’s, in MD, matching the description in my signature (other than the color obviously)... You’re good! I didn’t drive the thing or even sit in it. They ordered the wrong color. Enjoy!!!

They ordered the wrong color? Better not use their parts department then... Seems like thats kinda basic thing to doublecheck...

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
I had to pay a $250 deposit on my truck and jeep. The dealer did tell me if for some reason i could not take it, he would give it back, but he is also a friend.

kbkillerbee

Reaction score
The truck I purchased had someone's name on the sticker, didn't see this till after I had the truck home 300 miles later. Limited that had everything that I wanted with out the things I that I didn't want. Don't know the back story on why this person didn't get the truck.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can only get specific options on "sold" orders sometimes or at different times when availability might change.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I had no idea till I saw on the top right hand side of the factory Mulroney (window sticker) that it was "built for so and so", which obviously wasn't me.

If I had known that I might have tried for a bit more off the price, since the dealer had possible gotten a non-refundable deposit. Maybe.

I'm not really big on posting pics but if someone thinks I'm making it up, I can get a photo.
Heres the sticker:

Attachments

• 3BDA6405-EB32-4510-8D58-C855C10F10A7.jpeg
    3BDA6405-EB32-4510-8D58-C855C10F10A7.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 62

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Not unusual. A lot of dealers will place "factory" sold orders to pull ahead allocation as sold orders take priority. They use fictitious names.
Maybe thats what mine was...built especially for “Shsane Stanley”.

79 300

Reaction score
I ordered my truck and my name is on the window sticker.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Quit rubbing it in, ha ha. Like I posted earlier somewhere else, the truck up in DC on a sponsors’ lot was perfectly configured, the pricing and “forthrightness” were lacking. Thus my accepting a bit less truck for a lot better purchase process. The last thing I will forget is the bad taste from the typical car dealer transaction. I can dismiss some price differences a lot easier, within limits.

Glad you guys got what you wanted. For the $ we spend, we should be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread