5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was quoted $189.95 to update my Uconnect 5 Non-Nav system and Ram Cares is completely useless

vtcats

Reaction score
Truckman, out of curiosity, did you ever reach out to Mark Dodge? I recently purchased my limited from them and felt if I ever had a similar issue that my local dealership was going to ding me for (like a firmware update), I’d reach out to the dealership I purchased from (knowing its firmware and not something where you physically have to bring to them, as I’m also in the Northeast).

truckman

Reaction score
Truckman, out of curiosity, did you ever reach out to Mark Dodge? I recently purchased my limited from them and felt if I ever had a similar issue that my local dealership was going to ding me for (like a firmware update), I’d reach out to the dealership I purchased from (knowing its firmware and not something where you physically have to bring to them, as I’m also in the Northeast).
Didn't reach out to them because I very much doubt they'd send me the update file though who knows, maybe they would? Fortunately I didn't have to but if you ever do let me know what they say.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think the dealer can just send you the update file. That's not how their systems work at the dealerships.

vtcats

Reaction score
Didn't reach out to them because I very much doubt they'd send me the update file though who knows, maybe they would? Fortunately I didn't have to but if you ever do let me know what they say.
Yup I will. If the mfg doesn’t allow it, that’s one thing, but with much of their business (you and me being included) being around the country I would think they might be more lenient with their across the country customers.

DoogieMc

Reaction score
What reason did they give for not using the USB method?
I ran into this as I used to be able to update via usb on my 2014. Now on my 2022 I can't. I never get over the air updates so they made me come into the dealership so they can charge me over $200 to install the update so my presets don't get erased all the time. I have noticed a decline in Ram Cares. I love my 2022 but this is probably my last Ram as they are giving you crappy stuff and they clearly don't give a ****.

Users who are viewing this thread