5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was just told by my dealer that truck I ordered will not come with a 26 gallon tank and Comfort/Convenience Package

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"Hey, just a heads up I have just been notified the 26-gallon fuel tank and the comfort/convenience pkg are both unavailable currently would you like to order without or cancel order?"

Has anyone heard about this, I cant seem to get any information about this from anywhere?
I ordered a 2021 to replace my lemon 19 ram, dealer said it would have a 26 gal tank! Buddy come in with a 23😩 not really a big deal, but I do get gas a lot more often🤷🏻‍♂️

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the 5.7 hemi had a standard 26 gallon tank and you could order it with a 33 gallon tank. I have filled my truck up 2 times now since I have owned it and each time it only takes about 21 gallons. Makes me think the tank is only 23 gallons.

Hasti17

Reaction score
FWIW, someone on the TRX forum said that the 2022 TRX's now come standard with 33-gallon tanks (which is a change from 2021). So who knows - maybe they're reprogramming the gas tank options.
This makes a lot of sense. It is just so you can drive like a maniac in a 6000lb hellcat and make it more then 8.4 miles before the tanks empty.

PCHokie

Reaction score
I was under the impression that the 5.7 hemi had a standard 26 gallon tank and you could order it with a 33 gallon tank. I have filled my truck up 2 times now since I have owned it and each time it only takes about 21 gallons. Makes me think the tank is only 23 gallons.
26 is standard on Limited Longhorn and up. Trims below that would be by package or option.

Attachments

• 6DFE08A2-4ADA-4999-A5EE-CF7528CC3494.jpeg
    6DFE08A2-4ADA-4999-A5EE-CF7528CC3494.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 20

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
Damn, I never even knew that 23 was standard... I thought it was only 26 or 33 and at the time I figured 26 was good enough. Had I knew I'd be getting a 23 gallon tank, I certainly would have did the upgrade to 33.

I knew I should have gone into dealership vs doing everything remotely and building what I wanted based off of 2021 build on ram website.
You mean you completely ordered your truck off the website? I was able to build my 21 in late 20 on website, but had to go to a dealer to actually order. Also, I thought 26 gal was standard, wish I would have went with the 33 gal, but wasn't sure 7 gal difference was worth $4xx.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was also told my 21 with the hemi would have a 26, but it also came with a 23 that was back in November last year when I placed the order😩

PCHokie

Reaction score
You mean you completely ordered your truck off the website? I was able to build my 21 in late 20 on website, but had to go to a dealer to actually order. Also, I thought 26 gal was standard, wish I would have went with the 33 gal, but wasn't sure 7 gal difference was worth $4xx.
I did it all over the phone. They told me to build how I would want it on their website with the 21 model and email to them. I knew I wanted 10th Anniversary Edition so I built it, emailed, and they did POC and emailed to confirm. I signed an agreement and gave CC over phone for 1k deposit.

I wish I would have done more research and found this website sooner. I would have added a few thing, 33 gallon tank, differential, trailer brake controller, and Ram Box. Luckily for me, 26 gallon is standard for trim I ordered. If I had found this site sooner though, I could have added all that and paid less than what I’m paying without it. I would have ordered through Mark Dodge and got 5% below invoice vs the 1% below I am getting. MD is only a 4 hour drive from me too…

it’s all good though, mine is in inspection and hopefully will be delivered in a few weeks.

chris288

Reaction score
its my understanding that the standard tank is 23 gallons with non-e-torque 5.7, I couldn't get a 26 gallon without selecting the e-torque engine option.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
its my understanding that the standard tank is 23 gallons with non-e-torque 5.7, I couldn't get a 26 gallon without selecting the e-torque engine option.

You cannot get the 23-gallon tank with the non-eTorque 5.7L

see chart in post #17

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the e torque and mine came with the 23!

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So much confusion on this. The thing to do is look at the build sheet for the truck you are looking at buying, or physically look at the tank if you know what to look for. Or order a truck with the fuel tank you want. Never assume you'll be getting a certain size based off information you read in a forum.

Mexd781

Reaction score
When I did my build at the dealership, the 26 gallon was an option when I looked at 4x4. When I switched to 4x2, the 26 was no longer an option so I assumed it was standard. I think the standard on the 4x4 is 23 gallon

I just looked at the NADA site and built a 2022 and it confirmed what I thought. 4x2 standard gas tank is 26 gallon. 4x4 standard gas tank is 23 gallon.

Last edited:

chris288

Reaction score
You cannot get the 23-gallon tank with the non-eTorque 5.7L

see chart in post #17

The 23 gallon tank IS standard on the non-etorue 5.7 crew cab and optional on the etorque 5.7.... you cannot get a 26 gallon tank on a non-etorque 5.7 crew only a 33 gallon,,, its exactly what i said except quad vs. crew needs to be specified.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a issue on some of the filler gas necks. Check this form for the issue with not being able to fill up the whole way. There is a fix!

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
what form? cluster registers a full tank when I fill up.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
what form? cluster registers a full tank when I fill up.

Users who are viewing this thread