5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was just told by my dealer that truck I ordered will not come with a 26 gallon tank and Comfort/Convenience Package

letsdive64

Reaction score
"Hey, just a heads up I have just been notified the 26-gallon fuel tank and the comfort/convenience pkg are both unavailable currently would you like to order without or cancel order?"

Has anyone heard about this, I cant seem to get any information about this from anywhere?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The 33 gallon tank upgrade is still supposedly available if you don't want to be limited to 23 gallons.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
"Hey, just a heads up I have just been notified the 26-gallon fuel tank and the comfort/convenience pkg are both unavailable currently would you like to order without or cancel order?"

Has anyone heard about this, I cant seem to get any information about this from anywhere?
How long ago did you order? Did you already have a VIN?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can cancel at any time if you need to. I've cancelled in the past pre and post-vin.

letsdive64

Reaction score
How long ago did you order? Did you already have a VIN?
1 week ago, no Vin, the dealership was in the process of placing the order when they found out, I told them to cancel it. They said both items should become available later in the year. I doubt that parts are only getting harder to come by.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, this is the first I've heard of a shortage on 26-gallon gas tanks. That's rather strange. The comfort/convenience package is also not one that I remember hearing about. What trim level are you trying to order?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So 2022 will be coming with the 23-gallon tank standard now?!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So 2022 will be coming with the 23-gallon tank standard now?!
That was the case when I ordered my 2022 (on 5/20). Base option was a 23-gallon tank, and it was a $0 option to move up to a 26-gallon tank, which is what I chose.

PCHokie

Reaction score
Damn, I never even knew that 23 was standard... I thought it was only 26 or 33 and at the time I figured 26 was good enough. Had I knew I'd be getting a 23 gallon tank, I certainly would have did the upgrade to 33.

I knew I should have gone into dealership vs doing everything remotely and building what I wanted based off of 2021 build on ram website.

letsdive64

Reaction score
Wow, this is the first I've heard of a shortage on 26-gallon gas tanks. That's rather strange. The comfort/convenience package is also not one that I remember hearing about. What trim level are you trying to order?
Yea, I just called the dealer again and they tried to put the order through again and it came back to them, saying it can't be ordered with the C and C group or 26-gallon tank. https://www.ramtrucks.com/bmo.html#...5,NG9,XH4,XBM,GWJ,DH8,UAX,MPC,MYA,XMF,27W,JY5

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That was the case when I ordered my 2022 (on 5/20). Base option was a 23-gallon tank, and it was a $0 option to move up to a 26-gallon tank, which is what I chose.
Damn, I never even knew that 23 was standard... I thought it was only 26 or 33 and at the time I figured 26 was good enough. Had I knew I'd be getting a 23 gallon tank, I certainly would have did the upgrade to 33.

I knew I should have gone into dealership vs doing everything remotely and building what I wanted based off of 2021 build on ram website.
I see eTorque in your signatures.

This always been the case with eTorque getting the small 23-gallon tank, and $0 option for 26 gallon tank.

If Ram starts doing this with the regular Hemi, then it would be news

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Well to be honest, I don't know what's "standard" now. I just looked up the Ram Trucks site, and it shows that the Limiteds have 26-gallon tanks as standard equipment (with a $445 upgrade for 33 gallons). On the Rebel, there's still a $0 upgrade to 26 gallons and $445 for 33 gallons. But oddly enough, the "standard equipment" listing for the Rebel also shows 26 gallons. I know for a fact that the standard was listed as 23 gallons when I ordered.
Confusing, for sure. I wonder if @letsdive64 is having trouble ordering the 26-gal tank because it's now "standard equipment".

1631554981732.png

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score

What was the rest of your build options?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, someone on the TRX forum said that the 2022 TRX's now come standard with 33-gallon tanks (which is a change from 2021). So who knows - maybe they're reprogramming the gas tank options.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting. Where does this information come from? And is it current to the 2022's? It seems at-odds with the TRX comment about 33-gal tanks being standard now.

It’s brochure from 2021, there is no 2022 yet. Yes it shows TRX has 33-gal standard. Here is zoomed out view

A5D2A92A-64E9-436F-B489-5829BE05400E.png

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well to be honest, I don't know what's "standard" now. I just looked up the Ram Trucks site, and it shows that the Limiteds have 26-gallon tanks as standard equipment (with a $445 upgrade for 33 gallons). On the Rebel, there's still a $0 upgrade to 26 gallons and $445 for 33 gallons. But oddly enough, the "standard equipment" listing for the Rebel also shows 26 gallons. I know for a fact that the standard was listed as 23 gallons when I ordered.
Confusing, for sure. I wonder if @letsdive64 is having trouble ordering the 26-gal tank because it's now "standard equipment".

View attachment 105420
You can't go by the ramtrucks.com website because it's still showing the 2021 options and standard features. Too much is changing for 2022 to trust what's on that website.

Users who are viewing this thread