5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warranty through Triton Protect

blinkSS

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Triton Protect Warranties?

Had a buddy that works at a dealer price me a warranty on my 19. He came back with Bumper to bumper 7 years 125k miles for $2,100 with a $0 deductible. I thought it was the mopar factory warranty but he came back and said it was Triton Protect Ultimate.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
My advice is to stay away from 3rd party warranties. I've had nothing but trouble with them. They are not worth the hassle when it comes time to claim a covered repair. There might be some that are not as bad, but I would opt for a genuine Mopar warranty.

jtothecruz

Reaction score
I totally agree with @mikeru82 just from experience with 3rd party warranties. I had my Jeep Liberty under a 3rd Party warranty of course outside of factory warranty. Once the transmission control module went out, I called for a claim under the warranty, but they basically said I was on my own after paying 2 years without a claim. Needless to say, I quickly cancelled and had to shell out $400 for a mechanic.

RJS

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Triton Protect Warranties?

Had a buddy that works at a dealer price me a warranty on my 19. He came back with Bumper to bumper 7 years 125k miles for $2,100 with a $0 deductible. I thought it was the mopar factory warranty but he came back and said it was Triton Protect Ultimate.
You're within a couple of hundred dollars of the 8/125 Mopar warranty but probably $200 deductible. $100 ded would be more but I'd take the Mopar one.
Just less of a gamble overall.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I paid $1560 for an 8yr/125k mile with $200 deductible through Zeigler, although it's not completely bumper to bumper.

blinkSS

Reaction score
That's my main concern is trustworthy. Who knows if the company caves in and then I'd be stuck with a useless warranty.

RAM1369!

Reaction score
I paid $2200 for a 10 yr/100,000 mile with $100 deductible on comprehensive plan (their better plan) from Zurich. After reading some of the threads in this website and recieveing emails for the mopar vehicle protection plans, starting to second guess myself with what I bought. This is my first "new" buy.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's my main concern is trustworthy. Who knows if the company caves in and then I'd be stuck with a useless warranty.
You just answered your own question right there. The fact that you made a thread to ask about this tells me you knew the answer all along.

LakesAZ

Reaction score
I would go, as I did, with a Mopar Protection Plan only. 3rd parties are a pain. With Mopar you go to the dealer for repairs and he uses OEM parts. Some, not all, 3rd parties have you go to independent repairs shops.

Users who are viewing this thread