5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warranty Questions

jisbrecht

Reaction score
All,

I have recently purchased a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie and I have some mods I want to make but i do not want to void the warranty. Mods are as follows:

Flowmaster 40 muffler and resonator delete
Leveling Kit
Larger tires once leveling kit is installed

Will any of these items void the warranty?

Also, once the level kit is installed, what are the largest tires i can fit without scrubbing? 34"s?

79 300

Reaction score
Google the Magnuson-Moss act. There is a lot of legal information on this topic. It basically says warranty items are voided if the failure was caused my the mod. For example, you add an exhaust system and the radio fails, the radio should be covered under warranty. If you get a bad vibration and they claim it is caused by the exhaust, warranty will not cover it.

Tom488

Reaction score
Yes. I had a leak develop in my oil pan gasket on a '99 Dodge Ram. The service writer said, "that'll be $187". I said, "no, that should be covered under warranty". He replied, "normally, it would be, but since you put a lift kit on the truck, the warranty is void". I said, "that would be true, if you can explain to me how my suspension lift caused my oil pan gasket to fail". He replied that the mere presence of the aftermarket parts was enough to void my warranty. I immediately asked to speak to his boss, mentioned the M-M act, told him his employee just attempted to violate a federal law, and before you knew it, they were agreeing to replace the gasket under warranty. :)

Users who are viewing this thread